Enhanced Weather - Rain -WIP-

skingrad24

My mod adds two new weathers and changes all climates to add them, Fellout instead changes all vanilla weathers and no climates, so there aren't incompatibilities, you will see my weather and the Fellout one, I am sure of this cause I use both of them.

Attached there is the plugin that adds the rain to the Pitt, remember that this is only for beta testers, as other people haven'tother necessary files to use it.

Another thing, I decided that after the testing of the pitt compatibility patch and other problems don't appear, I will release the mod.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's excellent, and the smartest way I can think of to add weathers. Fellout also changes some climates, so it'd be advisable to load this mod after Fellout.

Does your colour-scheme fit in with Fellout? (This is what threw me, your colours weren't the default game) If so, I'd quite like to either bundle it or advertise it with Fellout as an optional extra.

That's excellent, and the smartest way I can think of to add weathers. Fellout also changes some climates, so it'd be advisable to load this mod after Fellout.

Does your colour-scheme fit in with Fellout? (This is what threw me, your colours weren't the default game) If so, I'd quite like to either bundle it or advertise it with Fellout as an optional extra.

My mod nights are dark as Fellout ones, and the day is how I think it should be in the real world

Two things, first to the 1+rad/sec during rain thing, yes that is realistic and realistically you would either find cover or only be exposed for a brief amount of time. And secondly

my question is would the rain occur according to season or just have a random chance of occurring as you exit a building? Cause I mean if I go into a building and its completely sunny clear skys and I exit 30 seconds later and its a thunderstorm....

Possibly have it be over cast for about an in game hour then start raining?

AM

Two things, first to the 1+rad/sec during rain thing, yes that is realistic and realistically you would either find cover or only be exposed for a brief amount of time. And secondly

my question is would the rain occur according to season or just have a random chance of occurring as you exit a building? Cause I mean if I go into a building and its completely sunny clear skys and I exit 30 seconds later and its a thunderstorm....

Possibly have it be over cast for about an in game hour then start raining?

AM

The rad per second thing is in an optional plugin so you don't have to worry about that if you don't like it.

Rain has a chance to come that is checked each x seconds I don't know how much, so it is possible that the weather changes in thirty seconds, if you enter and exit an interior and even if you are in a exterior

I've taken a look at the Morrowind dust storm (I think, Morrowind has a brutal file layout so its hard to find things) I think the trick is to use a few large particles instead of a lot of small ones.

Also I have been running the mod for a while but I have never had rain occur naturally.

just WOW! can't wait for the final version!! This mod urgently needs scripters so that NPC's will now run for cover when the radioactive rain comes...plz just plz add this feature to this magnificient mod :thanks: