Enhanced Weather - Rain -WIP-

skingrad24

excellent video!

This wouldn't be much of a problem, but does the rain go through objects? iirc, the rain in oblivion would still fall even underneath solid objects like bridges and stuff. Oh, and is the vegetation in your video part of the mod? I want rain, but not lush trees.

The rain falls through objects, there is no way to avoid this.

The trees are from geenerworld, not my mod

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't this game have any form of particle collision? Though even if it did, having particle collision turned on for this many particles would be hell on the framerate. Unless you could specify only a specific type of mesh to be affected by collision and have the raindrops only be affected by those meshes (of course, this would be a hellish amount of work because you'd have to create simplied meshes for every bridge and overhead building/feature in the game heh).

Well, I can deal with a little rain going through objects :)

As soon as I finished the mod I'll need some beta testers, 5 should work, if you'd like to help put a comment in this thread, thanks in advance!

Number of Betatesters 5/5 THAT'S ENOUGH

Radiosity

SpeedyB64

jim_uk

Umpa

Kennyimpala

I think that the rain should be slightly irradiated. But then have something where if your radiation resistance is 25%, then make it so that you wont get irradiated by it. Or even better, make it so that it is irradiated if you blow up Megaton. That'd make it (the game) a bit more realistic.

One minor thing I just thought of: will this play nice with the other awesome weather mod, Fellout? I use that religiously because that horrendous green tint to everything really is horrible, really hope this won't conflict with that.

It's COMPATIBLE with fellout, I'm sure as I normally use it

I'm happy to test it, I'm using fellout if that's relevant.

Edit: Well early tests look promising, the framerate hit isn't too bad, noticeable but still playable. I'll stop using the console now and see how often it does rain without my interference.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/4985/raine.jpg