Enhanced Weather - Rain -WIP-

skingrad24

Ok, new bug discovered, not entirely sure why or how, but I was around the church falls area with heavy rain, fighting super muties happily (though no sign of the thieving brotherhood guys strangely). It took a while to realise it but I was steadily getting more and more irradiated, constantly, despite being nowhere near any sources of actual radiation. This continued even after entering the building (where the initiate normally hides). Happily I'm currently on Moira's suicidal radiation mission so this was quite handy, but having to keep taking rad away to keep the level lower than it would take to kill me is a little annoying ;)

Incidentally, I'm still using the default plugin, I don't have the radioactive rain plugin active at all. I do have a few other mods installed now (fellout, mart's mod, a few others) but nothing that alters radiation at all.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm working on a mod that adds rain to the game (see the screenshot),

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/imageshare/images/643782-1240749961.jpg

after I'll release it I wish to make other mods to add features to it or to fit personal like.

So far I thought of:

Rainbows, a port of the mod from Oblivion (I have already had permission from the author)

Irradiated rain, a mod for lore and realistic fans

I'd like to know if you other ideas for a plugin of the main rain mod

And also a good name for it

a Few Ideas for a name:

Rainy Day Wasteland

Hard Rain

Heavy Rain

Wasteland Weather

Acid Rain

Tropicana???

We all just raised our hands when skingrad requested victi... uh, volunteers to beta test :)

edit: ok, managed to randomly get some rainy weather after exiting the metro into the arlington area and it seems to stick around without any problems so guess that was just caused by using the console to activate the weather.

Well I'm happy for this because I was going to get mad for that bug

Ok, new bug discovered, not entirely sure why or how, but I was around the church falls area with heavy rain, fighting super muties happily (though no sign of the thieving brotherhood guys strangely). It took a while to realise it but I was steadily getting more and more irradiated, constantly, despite being nowhere near any sources of actual radiation. This continued even after entering the building (where the initiate normally hides). Happily I'm currently on Moira's suicidal radiation mission so this was quite handy, but having to keep taking rad away to keep the level lower than it would take to kill me is a little annoying ;)

Incidentally, I'm still using the default plugin, I don't have the radioactive rain plugin active at all. I do have a few other mods installed now (fellout, mart's mod, a few others) but nothing that alters radiation at all.

If you aren't using the radiation plugin, then the mod cannot be the cause of the radiation glitch, cause it haven't any script that alters or give radiation

The latest one is very good, the only problem is the billboarding not being locked to the z axis.

I'm still working on this, I learnt what to do, I have only to work with/against Nifskope Alchemy :wallbash:

If you aren't using the radiation plugin, then the mod cannot be the cause of the radiation glitch, cause it haven't any script that alters or give radiation

Yeah, that's a weird one. I 'think' I went through a brief patch of radiation while in the metro fighting some ghouls on the way, and since I was kinda busy (ghouls inside, super mutants outside, atmospheric rain, explosions... you know, the usual :D ) I didn't notice that it had continued applying radiation. Guess it was probably just one of the weirder variety of random glitch this game is prone too.

The latest one is very good, the only problem is the billboarding not being locked to the z axis.

I'm still working on this, I learnt what to do, I have only to work with/against Nifskope Alchemy http://thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/wallbash.gif

whenever you can send me an email with the file (I haven't receive non yet) or give me a link to the download on a pm

thanks a lot

Edited by kennyimpala

My kind of night! And I get wrecked by some Enclave.

The rain makes for a very cool atmosphere at night.

BTW are you going to make rain fade in and out or will it only start or stop when you are inside or will it just pop on and off?