Enhanced Weather - Rain -WIP-

skingrad24

My kind of night! And I get wrecked by some Enclave.

The rain makes for a very cool atmosphere at night.

BTW are you going to make rain fade in and out or will it only start or stop when you are inside or will it just pop on and off?

The rain is an activator that follows the player when the weather is rainy and goes to a dummy cell when it isn't

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The latest one is very good, the only problem is the billboarding not being locked to the z axis.

I'm still working on this, I learnt what to do, I have only to work with/against Nifskope Alchemy :wallbash:

whenever you can send me an email [email protected] with the file (I haven't receive non yet) or give me a link to the download on a pm

thanks a lot

I have just sent you the mod

This new version is a lot better, the frame rate hit is hardly noticeable (4x2.2ghz, 3GB DDR2@800mhz, 1GB HD4890, 1440x900 2xAA/8xAF). I've not run into any other oddities yet, I'm still using the non radiation version, I'll put in a few more hours with that before switching to the radiation one.

A note to testers, the radiation caused by rain doesn't pop up the radiation bar, i think it is better because I find it quite annoying, so to see if your rads are increasing type on the console player.getav radiationrads

A question to all people who read this: Do you prefer line-shape raindrops that have a glitch when you look vertically (you see horizontal raindrops falling on your face) or dot-shape raindrops?

As I don't want to do a poll I will use this message to track votes

Beta testers votes count as 2 normal votes

Line |||||||

Dot

You won't know until you've seen it in game, and neither do I, but horizontal lines sound horrible! Maybe show us some pics? Just by guesssing I'd say maybe very short lines would work the best, so it's not that noticeable when you briefly look up? I know that dots can work though, when done properly, look at the gta games, but it has to be dense.

This looks fantastic, looking forward to a release. Any sign of a public beta in the near future?

One thing I would say is it would be good if the radiation esp (or at least one of the esps, if there are multiple) is balanced with the vanilla game. I've used mods before where they are not and having a radiation effects increasing mod can make it unplayable e.g. the rad levels get so high so quick you die extremely quickly.

If I may add my 2p regarding the visual effect I would say lines for sure but I'd like to see what happens when you look up.