FOMOD Installer Startup Failed

BlackDragon540

Hi all,

I want to preface this by saying I know next to nothing about modding; I've only ever used NMM's automatic install and nothing else. I'm currently trying to install some new mods and I keep getting the error "FOMOD installer startup failed, please review your log file." After some quick googling I found that it's a (separate?) mod installer for Bethesda games. Most of the threads where people have had this issue are using MO2 which confused me a bit since I'm using NMM. I haven't had this issue before and it seems to be just starting. I've tried reinstalling but that didn't fix it. I've also tried installing older mods to see if it may have been a "newer" issue but no, older mods from 2018 give the same issue. Now that I'm recapping this issue, I think what this may have stemmed from was me shutting down my computer before a recent Vortex update finished installing. I genuinely have no idea what to do and any help at all would be appreciated!

TLDR: Can't install any mods. Getting "FOMOD installer startup failed, please review your log file" error. May have stemmed from shutting down PC mid Vortex update.

TBH, I'm a bit confused. First, you write about NMM (which is meanwhile quite outdated), then you refer to a Vortex update.

So, which mod manager are you using? You should always use only one at a time - otherwise you might mess up your mod setup.

AFAIK, both NMM and Vortex can handle FOMODs. Not 100% sure about NMM - it's been years since I used it. Vortex definitely CAN handle them.

Sometimes, mod authors make mistakes when creating FOMODs though. So, this might be related to a special mod.

Anyway, some more info would be good: Which mod manager are we actually talking about? And which mod(s)?