Loose the 'E' <activate> functunionality around level 10

mikey1979

Just got back into FO4 after a two year hiatus and I am playing a heavily modded game. However around Level 10 or so in which I am either just starting or just finishing up the first minuteman quest at Ten Pines Bluff my player\character will go to sleep and when she wakes up I lose all of the functionality of my 'E' key <Activate> and can no longer interact with the world. I have tried all of the standard suggestions about disabling the console in the ini files since I am on a PC as well as to go into Steam settings and disable the steam overlay. I have now restarted my game on four separate occasions and each time, I have lost the 'E' key functionality.

Has anybody experienced something similar to this.

My Loadorder is attached.

Just got back into FO4 after a two year hiatus and I am playing a heavily modded game. However around Level 10 or so in which I am either just starting or just finishing up the first minuteman quest at Ten Pines Bluff my player\character will go to sleep and when she wakes up I lose all of the functionality of my 'E' key <Activate> and can no longer interact with the world. I have tried all of the standard suggestions about disabling the console in the ini files since I am on a PC as well as to go into Steam settings and disable the steam overlay. I have now restarted my game on four separate occasions and each time, I have lost the 'E' key functionality.

Has anybody experienced something similar to this.

My Loadorder is attached.

Yes

Thank you for the reply. I'll check on the sleep scripts but I can usually get out of the bed after sleeping via the 'W' key. But once I get up, I can not do anything with the 'E' key like get a drink of water from a sink, sit in a chair or take a shower. I will also try the console command you suggested as well and see if that works.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally discovered which of my Mods was causing the issue, it was Children of Ug-Qualtoth. When you reach level 10 and sleep for the first time this mod starts and is supposed to transport you to the Forgotten Church in the Glowing Sea for a scripted encounter with Ug Qualtoth. The mod disables all player controls for this encounter and once you have completed the sequence it should transport you back to where you were sleeping and re-enable the player controls. On the mods Description page the Minor and Major conflicting Mods are hidden with a spoiler tag at the very bottom of the page instead of being prominently displayed further up for all to see and IMHO seems to be hidden from view for some weird reason. In my case the mod conflict that I had was with the mod See You Sleep which prevents the transport to the Forgotten Church but still disables the player controls. So I woke up from a very restful sleep with all player controls still disabled by the mod and I guess the re-enabling of the player controls is triggered by the transport back to your original location which did not happen in my case.