Empires Glory

Slawter500

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool idea! I was thinking about what the Emperor would do from day to day and thought it might be kind of interesting to run the economy of Cyrodil. For instance....The Imperial City generates a LOT of income and can support paying higher taxes, where as Bruma is a little town without so many shops and can't support paying high taxes. The Emperor can decide the % each city will pay in taxes and this will effect the economy in these towns. Tax Bruma too high? Moral from the NPC's in town is now low. Add dialogue trashing the Emperor and complaining about not having jobs. Merchants complain that they can't sell anything....it could even effect how the city looks (houses begin looking run down and essentially turns into a slum). Crime rises, etc.

On the other hand, don't generate enough income and you then have to lower the pay for all the guards in all the towns (lets say all military are paid by the Empire and not the individual cities). Guards who are under paid begin to become corrupt. They shake down outsiders, they begin to allow bandits to operate in the cities as long as they get their take, they also have another option when the arrest someone...."Go to Jail", "Resist Arrest", and "Bribe Guard".

This could also be an opening to focus on a sequal of sorts involving the Theives Guild. Cyrodil gets too out of control and the Thieves Guild now holds more power among the folks than the Emperor does.

I have never tried to mod anything nor do I even have the foggiest idea how any of this would work. So if it's too complicated then let me know.

Good luck guys!

Cool idea! I was thinking about what the Emperor would do from day to day and thought it might be kind of interesting to run the economy of Cyrodil. For instance....The Imperial City generates a LOT of income and can support paying higher taxes, where as Bruma is a little town without so many shops and can't support paying high taxes. The Emperor can decide the % each city will pay in taxes and this will effect the economy in these towns. Tax Bruma too high? Moral from the NPC's in town is now low. Add dialogue trashing the Emperor and complaining about not having jobs. Merchants complain that they can't sell anything....it could even effect how the city looks (houses begin looking run down and essentially turns into a slum). Crime rises, etc.

On the other hand, don't generate enough income and you then have to lower the pay for all the guards in all the towns (lets say all military are paid by the Empire and not the individual cities). Guards who are under paid begin to become corrupt. They shake down outsiders, they begin to allow bandits to operate in the cities as long as they get their take, they also have another option when the arrest someone...."Go to Jail", "Resist Arrest", and "Bribe Guard".

This could also be an opening to focus on a sequal of sorts involving the Theives Guild. Cyrodil gets too out of control and the Thieves Guild now holds more power among the folks than the Emperor does.

I have never tried to mod anything nor do I even have the foggiest idea how any of this would work. So if it's too complicated then let me know.

Good luck guys!

you could do that yourself if ya wanted

Not a bad idea, we do have similar plans for Bravil Rebuilt with higher taxes causing rioting and crime going up, However we aren't doing this on global(cyrodilic) scale yet. Thanks for the suggestion though it was really good, Please keep giviing us ideas

EDIT: Also argomirr i added website making to your name on the team listing

Also hows everyones progress in general?