Empires Glory

Slawter500

Hm..maybe we could implement it. The part that ocato and that one from the mages guild...so happen to know..what the spell is for the dragon blood is done a bit easy indeed.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry guys my internet connection keeps going down, not sure why im calling my provider next time it happens. ok a couple answers

Slawter- heres some ideas for the library. firstly you should not be able to BUY books, you could read them but if you take one, its considered stealing. but since youll already be high chancellor/emporer they cant arrest you a guard could run up and ask you to please return it then take it from you. a new district too, not sure what we could name it, i was thinking the library district BUT mabye in later realeases we could add a museum in the same district. i posted about that 6 or 7 pages ago. perhaps, we could call it 'the imperial district' anyways, perhaps a section with forbidden books like necromancy and the mythic dawn commentaries. i like crimsons idea of an area for the elder scrolls. though i dont think we should make it a faction, but mabye theyll ask you to go find another rare book which involves a quest.(by that i mean stuff like go find the mysterium xarxes, which mysteriously dissapeared from Cloud ruler temple after martin died) then eacch rare book gets its own locked glass case somewhere in the library. oh and if we put some Elder scrolls in there, we should make one about the oblivion crisis (mabye we could make on of those ingame books an elder scroll) because in the end cutscene martin says "and when the next elder scroll is scribed, you will be mentioned" then we could make scrolls for each one of your adventures in the past games (arena, daggerfall, and morrowind) and mabye some for the ES travel games too. (woo that was a long post)

edit 1- if we make a museaum you could find some of the items from the oblivion book 'Tamrielic Lore'

edit 2- We could make a quest where you have to go to the small village where Horatio lives and ask him to give you his book (soldiers journal, battle of bruma) and he'll give it to you for something.... mabye if you help him get it published, or you could make him head librarien at the library.

edit 3- i dont know if you have played the kvatch rebuilt mod, but it helps rebuild the city of kvatch through several phases. mabye we could do something like that, but with the library. Like, while you go to find the first book, they start building the library. when you get back, its a little bit bigger. by the time your finished getting all the books, its finished.

edit 4- mabye sometime, if we have time, we could rebuild the temple district. put the dome back on, rebuild the broken streets and mabye even add altars of each of the divines there. you could hire some mages to move the drragon statue, perhaps to the top of the palace or somewhere in the palace districtt, then either you or martin could finally relight the dragon fires. just and idea for later.

edit 4- mabye sometime, if we have time, we could rebuild the temple district. put the dome back on, rebuild the broken streets and mabye even add altars of each of the divines there.,,,,

We're going to do something similar already. We just kept it at fixing the streets. Although Argomirr might know more.

edit 1- if we make a museaum you could find some of the items from the oblivion book 'Tamrielic Lore'

Perhaps, like it was in morrowind.

edit 2- We could make a quest where you have to go to the small village where Horatio lives and ask him to give you his book (soldiers journal, battle of bruma) and he'll give it to you for something.... mabye if you help him get it published, or you could make him head librarien at the library.

Is already settled as I need the village for the main quest.

edit 3- i dont know if you have played the kvatch rebuilt mod, but it helps rebuild the city of kvatch through several phases. mabye we could do something like that, but with the library. Like, while you go to find the first book, they start building the library. when you get back, its a little bit bigger. by the time your finished getting all the books, its finished.

I'm not sure, as it would require some work if its going to be in the main mod. I'd like to stick what I had. Maybe we could divide it, that a part will be restored. (blabla former glory..) But I need a strange library for the end of the dragon blood :)..

About the Temple District, we kept it at fixing the sidewalk, but I've always thought the Temple of the One was a bit dissapointing... So if we decide to rebuild the Temple District, I'd like to see a proper temple/cathedral. Even Bravil's chapel is larger than the Temple of the One. :P

I don't think putting the Elder Scrolls in that library would be a good idea... They've been kept in the Imperial Palace, guarded by Moth Priests for thousands of years according to lore, and we're trying to keep this lore friendly. I think the Elder Scrolls should stay in the Imperial Palace.

[EDIT]

Also id recommend either talos district or market district if we are using an already existing area

Better not put it in the Market District for compatibility reasons. Many modders put their shops there. Would cause lots of conflicts. :happy:

okay question?

All EG out comes are based on the idea that the player would restore glory.

Or Be Good

in the theme of oblivion should we not allow the choice of player to destroying the glory.

in case the pc was a baddie.

small thought??

I still like the idea of the library being a chapel of logic \ wisdom