Empires Glory

Slawter500

sounds good, but how would the EG main file work well without the council plugin? and when you did release the plugin for it, if i happened to be in the middle of the main mod and i installed the plugin, would it flow with what was already installed?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;) glad we got that cleared up ok no hard feelings or anything that made anyone feel angry? Good :D

OK, so that list back there was just something for you to see and thanks Imperial for not causing a hastle :thumbsup: and again for the heads up i was just stating that none of them were WOW based as i seemed to see alot of that mentioned and you also said this which may have been misleading as Imperial, you stated...

(Imperial) this is what you said which may have lead people to think what they said...

How do you know that every single weapon your adding to EG is getting in. Most ive seen are WoW based weapons that dont fit nor do they base with the mod.

I also added a purpose of the weapons aimed at Ampolx comment saying all the vast amount of weapons added are useless...

(Ampolx) The reason i did the list is to show people that the weapons i've made for EG aren't pointless they all belong to some character in the EG Mod :D

I personally think the over exaggerated ammount of weapons being made for EG is quite honestly useless.

So that's just where that went a bit wrong :S

sounds good, but how would the EG main file work well without the council plugin? and when you did release the plugin for it, if i happened to be in the middle of the main mod and i installed the plugin, would it flow with what was already installed?

Basically there is never a guarantee if any will work other mods, but for our own stuff we've ruled it out. The plugin will be made dependent on the main file and therefore would take place after the main mod/quest that's involved. You will not be able to run the plugins without the main mod.

Basically there is never a guarantee if any will work other mods, but for our own stuff we've ruled it out. The plugin will be made dependent on the main file and therefore would take place after the main mod/quest that's involved. You will not be able to run the plugins without the main mod.

all right, final question. Do you have any intention of rebuilding kvatch? This is one of the more important things to me, as i like that city, and it can be amazing once rebuilt. Would you either A) Make your own Kvatch Rebuilt quest that falls into the storyline of EG, or B) Make it compatible with one of the existing mods that Rebuilds Kvatch?

I think me and another member had a short discussion about this... we said it would eiither end up these few ways

1. Rebuilding the entire city would take much much MUCH to long a new mod entirely

2. more than likely it would getting permission from the kvatch rebuilts author to add some things EG based to it for example a council member and what not (A Kvatch Rebuilt EG Plugin :)

3. Or just not even touch Kvatch at all and just let it be up to people such as yourselves to do as you wish with Kvatch weather it be download a mod for it or leave it in ruins :P :D

I think me and another member had a short discussion about this... we said it would eiither end up these few ways

1. Rebuilding the entire city would take much much MUCH to long a new mod entirely

2. more than likely it would getting permission from the kvatch rebuilts author to add some things EG based to it for example a council member and what not (A Kvatch Rebuilt EG Plugin :)

3. Or just not even touch Kvatch at all and just let it be up to people such as yourselves to do as you wish with Kvatch weather it be download a mod for it or leave it in ruins :P :D

As this mod seems like it would affect much of the empire, my opinion would be to either make a plugin/mod for it that would rebuild kvatch, or do number 2 there. I would prefer not number 3, as a mod the size of what you are creating would probably have conflicts and bugs that wouldn't allow it to play with other Kvatch mods. If you do do number 3, maybe you could do a test to find another Kvatch Rebuilt mod that works and list it with your mod?

No, as Kvatch Rebuild takes care enough it would be unwise to interfere. Even if we would get permission in the first place, we can't combine them as it'll always be updated. It would mean we would have to bug out their stuff when they would've made a patch and we would have to be lucky to it. And...basically, we don't interfere with the region..so there is no problem at all using the Kvatch Rebuild mod. Next to that, anything dependent on Kvatch rebuild wouldn't work or would show problems. As L33 said, rebuilding ourselves would just take too much time. But frankly, there is simply no reason to do it and no reason why you can't run both of the together without any link. We've discussed it 6 months ago and we're not going to do it.