Empires Glory

Slawter500

Awesome, obviously vicICE gives out the assignments but....

I think we want some custom armor for Illan Septim(Fake descendant) So maybe some texturing for that.

Im not sure, probably better to wait for vicICE to give you something.

Also guys feedback on that basic bravil post would be great!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm leaving in a minute...

Starwarsfreak...it will be done tofay.. I don't know if its before 4 hours from now... but I'll try it..

agromirr. I'll give you all a link to a vid I will create friday, with some sneak peaks....

Oh and thanks for helping... you can pretty much assign things to yourself... but to give you an idea..

I think that starwarsfreak will have some needs for scripts again. I gave one a few pages back....that one was a rough one..

Maybe he's made some progress .

Oh. I just read the edit. Most things should be basically done (of me) by friday.

What are left are the more difficult things like. Just take any part ...

(part of a part. Or a part of a part of a part :D ) of one these, any is good:

You could start things for the last dungeon..

I haven't started on it yet, so all ideas are quite open as long as it follows the story.

You may do anything you like.. From scripts you always would have wanted, to adding the different interiors or something else...

(alas no OBSE, you may do...but I would be released separately to max compatibility. )

We actually don't have anything concerning the forts with scripting..

What could we need, what would we like?

Then before bravil, an attack will take place at the IC. I wanted to do so myself..

But maybe you can do something already..as nothing is done for it yet.

It will involve reconquering the different districts.. So a copy will be made and none or only 1, max 2 interiors can be accesed.

So (I got the picture in my head that you like scripting, if not please tell) what kind of scripts could be needed for that?

Maybe a flag needs to be planted in the middle of the districts, with a wave effect of enemies?

Or do you need to kill all enemies then the door opens to a new district?

Its fully open...you're free to do anything. as long if its inside the IC :).

Creating a full plan about the idea would be great already.....

Ow about you problem. Have you tried using the compatibility with XP yet, or actually tried the opposite?

Or admin privileges ? (in the same menu)

Otherwise get win7 like many do. Language packs were released freely, some time ago (via windowsupdate).

So most languages are available today. (If that would withhold you)

or maybe something with other parts or the plugins. Like slawter's idea about Bravil..

I like the tax influence, that definitely needs scripting

Or maybe even other things.. just go for what you like to do, like everybody else...

(Owk, that was quite long for a minute)

-----

edit

I didn't make it.. a friend asked me to do a script and that took more than I thought it would....

I'll try for tomorrow, but don't count on it. I'm afraid I'll need to move it to the weekend....

Friday???

Il try and do more on my ayleid ruuin then...

Also id like the vid link to please, it will give me a little mod material to work on with my trailer, Anyone got any suggestions for vid recording? Im using fraps and something else right now, Problem with fraps is i cant pause and start again , ihave to edit it later, but the other one is very shoddy on full screen.

Hi, sorry the caves are a little late, I'm busy this week.But I will make some progress today, because I have at least 3 hours to make the mod.

starwarsfreak, I received your PM.Sorry, I don't know how to retexture.

vicICE, when can we start to test?

Probably not long after me and you are finished with your cave and my ruin...

Good news is i'm free for tomorrow, after fracturing my neck(not so good news), Its impossible for me to go to school or revise, so i should have some time for the ruin tomorrow.

VICEI i am working in more npcs :biggrin:

i made a few new groups aside from soldiers:

kvatch militia

bruma defenders (some men from bruma who think that serving you is the best)

order of the dragon knights

the order of imperial assasins

messengers

this is what i need in the legion district:

a guest qaurters

and an underground brracks for those groups

as for scripts i need scripts for jailors, guards, soldiers, priests, second in commands, and for the groups listed here also some ai for the soldiers and these npcs

and a navy district and a fleet

that is about everything

Allright. Today I'm a little busy, but I should have time to do some things tomorrow.

I could get started on some scripting (you're right, I like scripting, but I don't mind doing other stuff either), but I don't think it's a good idea to start writing scripts when we're not complety sure what we want to do. All the scripts would have to be adjusted if we change our minds later on.

And if you want to do the battles in the IC, you should do it. I was just wondering, how are you going to handle enemy/ally spawning in the battle? Just using "PlaceAtMe" with a timer and a spawn cap so bloating is limited? That's probably how I'd do it. Or just respawn the same NPCs over and over?

I guess I'll start working on that dungeon. It's supposed to be an Ayleid ruin-cave mix, right? It's the final dungeon, so I think it should be a large one.

And if starwarsfreak needs some scripts again, I'd be happy to help.

I haven't tried XP compatibility yet, should have thought of that right away.

P.S. Get well soon, Slawter!

Slawter, indeed, get well soon :)

aragorn. take the time you need, no rush. Testing will be at the end of next week with some luck. (not saying everybody is done, just some tests). But when some are ready to hand things over...I need to merge them. Then the hard part of doing successfully comes in place, not to say all things that will be needed to add. Packages, scripts, interactions...etc...

But when both of you(slawter and aragorn) hand some over..I'll take a quick look and we can all test it then.

To see if something is wrong somewhere.

starwarsfreak. That seems to be a lot of scripts. I guess mostly AI would be needed in those cases.

Maybe only a few script for all...

but tell 1 of those needs and I could point you in perhaps handling it yourself (AI)

argromirr. Great, already hoped you would go for that one...Hope the xp-setting will work (I can't do any height-mapping without it...)

Actually, I have no idea which ways to use yet for the IC. Don't think I'll respawn them every time though indeed...

The cave needs to be quite large indeed. If I recall correctly... the ideas we had were these:

A cave at first (maybe 2 mx 3,) will have some community. Werther it are bandits or some goblins. I doesn't matter.

The end of that would have some pickaxes lying around, combined with a not (if you go for the bandits) that they've recently found it.

Inside would have been a vampire community.. at the end of that one. either inside a cave or a ruin surrounding.

The dragon will be found surrounded with skeletons, burned bodies.. etc....

The dagger part is not really worked out...I have a red glass shortsword somewhere I made for fun.

I think we'll just go for a recolor of a glass dagger..the color was quite appealing....

The dragon will be from the dragons resource...Now that one will be terribly scripted and would require some new...

Guess that we'll do that a long time from now....

Now at that moment, I quite like the idea.. But I don't know if you played a 'certain' DLC...but it maybe have too many similarities.

So please, feel free to change anything to it. (Or trow it away and start over)

Anyway, I hope to have some for tomorrow. Maybe the vid will be ready on saturday-morning though ;)

I'll be working on little favor now though...hope it will not take to much time...

(need to stop filling posts :D )

A 'certain' DLC? I've only played Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles and haven't seen anything like that.

Still, I think I'm going to stick with the current ideas. Today I have about half an hour to get started... I'll have more time to work on it tomorrow, though.

[EDIT]I just got an idea to make the cave a bit more... let's say "alive". I could make some scripted encounters; bandits/vampires/other enemies could play a little scene instead of just rushing to the player with their weapons drawn. Some vampires sacrificing a captive? A bandit spotting the player, then running trough the cave while screaming to alert all other enemies?

If you think it's a good idea, I'll look into it after finishing constructing the cave. Some more/better ideas for encounters would be nice, though.

[EDIT 2]I'm going to stop working on the cave for today, but first I'll give you a fancy update on the progress:

--Dragon Lair--

June 4 '09

Part 1 (cave): |||||||||| (10%)

*Constructing |||||||||| (50%)

*Cluttering |||||||||| (0%)

*Pathing |||||||||| (0%)

*Enemies |||||||||| (0%)

Part 2 (cave): |||||||||| (0%)

Part 3 (cave): |||||||||| (0%)

Part 4 (Ayleid ruin): |||||||||| (0%)

[OPTIONAL: Part 5 (Ayleid ruin): |||||||||| (0%)]

Overall progress: |||||||||| (5%)

I just estimated the progress, 'cause some things take more time (like cluttering). I'm not sure whether I should do that fifth part. It's supposed to big, so I'd like to add it, but it's getting awfully much work. Let me know what you think.