Sofia - a funny, fully voiced and scripted follower(WIP)

djjohnjarvis

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what you are asking? The latest version of Sofia is v.1.05 and is available for download on the mod page: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54527/?

If you want to customise which body type and skin texture she uses then the Sofia Customizer mod can be found here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55300/?

That is everything that is available to you, there is no special version of the mod.

You need to have SKSE and SkyUI installed then you can just hit the escape key (Esc) in game to bring up the main menu and you will see Mod Configuration Menu. Once you select that you will see Sofia Follower in the list of MCM compatible mods, select it and you will get a list of all the changeable settings and also the stats page for Sofia.

That's it. I did a fresh install on my new Alienware-18 and forgot about the Mod Configuration Menu. It's been two years since I played Skyrim because my old rig couldn't handle it without having nerf the graphics and such. My new A18 can handle frickin' EVERYTHING!

• 1 month later...

Warning - First time poster and new to using mods.

I'm having some issues with Sofia and am not sure if this is part of her personality(given the depth that the mods have gone with her, it seems possible to this newb).

I can no longer get Sofia to actively follow me; For a long time she would just teleport behind me as her method of keeping up. She even followed me into Apocrypha and just did her X-men blink thing to always be somewhat behind me.

She no longer fights, moves her legs, arms, nothing other than idle animations or reactions to being struck. She just would do her insta teleport a-la blink thing.

She originally worked perfectly fine. I did ask her to make the riverside lodge her home (another mod) and gave her a copy of the key, and may have put a Slave Collar of leashing on her when she started bugging out when we went to stolheim and would not allow me to dismiss her (ask her to go home). and I may have used her to duplicate items via additem console commands while she was set to the focus...for only for a few tonnes of materials....

And just now she stopped even doing that teleport business since I finished building the Morskom Estate (and crashing religeously while trying to complete it). Now she seems to want to be a permanent fixture in that residence.

Not sure what caused her to start messing up on me, and I don't see, via some very brisk searches, any/many people posting issues with this mod at all. If she's got a regard system I may be in trouble...

:Edit:

for a bit more clarity. Sofia is acting somewhat like she would if I used console tcl. However the issue persists through reboot/system restart and it has become a permanent feature.

She will only move if I manage to coax the menu into posting the option "I need you to do something" and point at doors, the ground, whatever.

Edited by MoonSpot

She is clearly glitched out and needs to be reset unfortunately as I know no other way of sorting this issue out. Full reset instructions are in the mod description FAQ. For a minority of people who use follower overhaul mods such as AFT, UFO etc. it causes Sofia to sometimes randomly bug out due to her custom follower system, although other mods that interrupt her behaviour may be to blame. I'm not sure of the exact cause or why it doesn't affect all users of those kind of mods but hopefully it should be fixed in the next update. Sofia has no regard system and does not randomly just decide that she doesn't want to follow so yes it is certainly a bug.

She is clearly glitched out and needs to be reset unfortunately as I know no other way of sorting this issue out. Full reset instructions are in the mod description FAQ. For a minority of people who use follower overhaul mods such as AFT, UFO etc. it causes Sofia to sometimes randomly bug out due to her custom follower system, although other mods that interrupt her behaviour may be to blame. I'm not sure of the exact cause or why it doesn't affect all users of those kind of mods but hopefully it should be fixed in the next update. Sofia has no regard system and does not randomly just decide that she doesn't want to follow so yes it is certainly a bug.

Thank you kindly for the reply, and the reassurance that it is not the Dragonborn's unsightly penchant for leathers and chains that caused of Sofia to manifest a rebellious will for some form freedom

*Puts back on mask, chaps , grabs a fresh willow branch and offensive amounts of alcohol*

However, to your knowledge has there been any issue with others dismissing Sofia while on stolheim when her assigned residence was back in skyrim?

No real reason other than I suspect that the issue is in there somewhere, as that was where everything "seemed" to go wrong for me.

and/or just to note possible issue/bug.

Thanks again. Will be reinstalling her shortly unless requested to submit any data/tests or save file etc..

Edited by MoonSpot