Sofia - a funny, fully voiced and scripted follower(WIP)

djjohnjarvis

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Omg, finally, another credible and well done female follower mod since Cerwiden or Vilja! This one looks amazing, keep up your good work.

One request though: many of the custom voiced followers out there annoy me for the same reason: they tell their random sentences WAY TOO OFTEN. I mean, waaaaaaayyyyy too often. It gets really annoying. Please make sure, especially if Sofia has lots of them, that she does not tell them each 30 seconds real time. Please!!!

This was my biggest gripe with anundiel. Trying to get through falskaar cutscenes at the table was horrible. She'd stand right next to me and repeat her greet line over and over.

Greet lines need a cooldown.

And variety.

Other things I thought of recently: Just thought spew ignore at your leisure.

Separate inventory for things to carry but not use. I'm sick of giving followers staves and having them go to town hurling fireballs in my general direction.

Leveling maybe? Tell her where to spend points?

Maybe have her able to train you in some things?

Gifts? Raise her disposition through giving her things she likes. Give her perks based on disposition. Maybe even troll her with things she hates and give rivalry perks?

Also some odd gift item you wouldn't figure anyone would care about like stolen spoons, but they have to be stolen or it doesn't count.

Get her drunk by giving her mead and ale? Change some of her dialog to slurred.

Make her a sneak thief and randomly steal things in the environment or from npcs?

Have her attack some of the most annoying npcs in skyrim then have to bail her out of jail? Maybe even a quest haha.

Lastly I can't speak highly enough of Viconia's progression system. If you're unfamiliar, every 24 hours she progresses her relationship with the player and has another few lines to say to the player. Eventually leading to her liking you more. It meshes well with skyrim and prevents the player from simply binging on dialog and fleshing out all topics of conversation immediately. It doesn't have to be that particular system but limiting her somehow from opening up all avenues of conversation from the beginning would be a nice way to spread her content over an entire playthrough rather than binge on her for a while then get bored of the statue you have nothing left to talk about with.

Separate inventory for things to carry but not use. I'm sick of giving followers staves and having them go to town hurling fireballs in my general direction.

I've already done that, she has a separate inventory for storage as well as the standard follower trade dialogue. It was one of the first features I did.

And As I've said already you needn't worry about annoying speech as she doesn't speak if you are in a conversation or if a quest scene is playing, you can set the delay on her speech or turn it off and there is plenty of variety. I totally agree with what you are all saying though about annoying follower speech though and that's why I scripted a totally custom dialogue system for comments which not only has greater flexibility but I have total control over when it activates and it runs a check first to make sure you aren't talking to anyone.

Anyway those are some really great ideas, well done. I shall have fun playing around with some of those ideas. I can definitely see her getting drunk and she already comments about her drunken adventures so it would be good to actually see her getting drunk. Some of the things you mentioned such as stealing and random attacks could be based on what guilds the player has joined which in those cases would be the thieves guild and the dark brotherhood. The whole progressions thing I was already going to do but I need to write some lines for that.

Now, if you want to have a little fun with her. Have her occasionally start drinking so she acts "tipsy" and have her start removing her clothes (keep em in inventory).Have her running around in undies and bra laughing or something silly like that (but make it happen only in towns or maybe only in Inns). *laughs* Not sure if it's possible w/o triggering a pickpocket event but you could also have her pants some unsuspecting guard as she walks past (maybe some script code that just unclothes them but leaves their clothes in inventory maybe?) <-- not sure if that last is even possible but THAT would make me laugh myself silly. Guard walking down the street and suddenly he/she is sans clothes.

Ok interesting idea. It's certainly possible and it does make me think about introducing random events. I'll have to also have a look to see if there are some funny animations as that could also be quite cool.

Update: People wanted to be able to get Sofia drunk. It is now possible but I need to get some dialogue recorded for it and add in other funny little extras when she is drunk but at the moment she will drink any alcohol you give her and start to stagger about whilst following you. It eventually wears off of course. See the video below.

I have also created an entirely separate follower system now for Sofia so it no longer uses the original and therefore there will be no conflicts with other mods that alter follower behaviour and I can customise her follower behaviour later on should I need to. I also added in an SKSE check so that the mod can take advantage of SKSE whilst still having a high level of functionality without SKSE.

This looks like an interesting follower. Not entirely sure what you have planned for story and what not but will keep an eye out.

Don't have much ideas to add then what is already present. I'll drop a few though.

- Race awareness, If she isn't already I think it's important for followers to know what race the player is, possibly have opinions of them as well.

- Make sure she rides a horse automatically when player does, I feel this is self evident, but want to make sure she doesn't barrel charge when the player begins riding =p

- I assume shes a nord? Just curious.

- Set home location, and of course a relax location. Once again self explanatory but putting it there anyways.

Keep it up!

- Race awareness, If she isn't already I think it's important for followers to know what race the player is, possibly have opinions of them as well.

meh not sure its worth it. Many people use custom races. Either way make sure there is an ELSE statement at the end if the player is none of the above.

"Ya Know what they say about.... about.. What the #$%^ are you anyway? ... I think the only thing they say about you is 'what the heck is that thing?' "