Sofia - a funny, fully voiced and scripted follower(WIP)

djjohnjarvis

Quite honestly IMO all followers should come equipped with the light step perk.

If bethesda had made a way to spot traps thereby disabling followers from activating them it would be fine to let them set traps off that you hadn't alerted them to but thats not how things turned out. Instead Lydia limps into the spike wall in bleak falls barrow ~77 times before I zone somewhere else and she is mercifully teleported away from her masochistic tendencies.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's time to hear some of the drunk dialogue. There is more drunk dialogue but it is reserved for random events such as drunken brawls which I have already started to work on and they do kind of work but they are a bit too buggy at the moment.

Here is a question for people, for the brawls do you want to get in trouble with the guards or do you want only Sofia to get in trouble (since she is the one doing the fighting) or no guard involvement at all?

Also huge credit to finalCrystine (or Christine Slagman, whichever one she prefers) for her very amusing interpretation and performance.

LOL this is hilarious. Also TBH I am not entirely sure I would want her to randomly start punching people (using resetAI is annoying). If it could be controlled (like, for instance, if you get her drunk and tell her to attack a civilian, she would brawl), then it should be pretty funny.

Honestly I would much prefer if Skyrim has like 4-6 followers instead of current 20 or so, but all of them would be like Sofia. Quality over quantity is something Bethesda never understood.

There doesn't have to be guard involvement at all in my opinion but if there's trouble I'd for one prefer only her to be in trouble and maybe have to bail her out.

Seems like an interesting idea. It would make a nice side activity or something.

LOL this is hilarious. Also TBH I am not entirely sure I would want her to randomly start punching people (using resetAI is annoying). If it could be controlled (like, for instance, if you get her drunk and tell her to attack a civilian, she would brawl), then it should be pretty funny.

Honestly I would much prefer if Skyrim has like 4-6 followers instead of current 20 or so, but all of them would be like Sofia. Quality over quantity is something Bethesda never understood.

As with everything it is entirely customisable and optional. The reason I added an MCM menu was to control her large number of features. I would of course have it so the player can disable it.

Yea I agree about the followers in Skyrim but at least there are some good follower mods to correct this problem. You have to feel sorry for the console users who miss out on all the mods. I also have Skyrim on Xbox but when the PC version came out I never touched it again as it seems so bad in comparison.

From what I can tell, this is going to be a must have follower mod. The appearance fits the voice and she has a personality too, not to mention the good voice acting.

One thing I do hope is that it won't turn into another Kitiara mod. No offense to the original creator of that one but ALL the chick's lines were filled with innuendo and flirting which got old REALLY quick. Everything she would say would have a sex joke or a flirting/sexual reference in there somewhere.

I totally burst into laughter at Sofia's one-handed wrist joke but imagine a follower that says things like that all the time, including in greetings and farewells or location-specific comments. -_-

Keep up the good work. ^^

From what I can tell, this is going to be a must have follower mod. The appearance fits the voice and she has a personality too, not to mention the good voice acting.

One thing I do hope is that it won't turn into another Kitiara mod. No offense to the original creator of that one but ALL the chick's lines were filled with innuendo and flirting which got old REALLY quick. Everything she would say would have a sex joke or a flirting/sexual reference in there somewhere.

I totally burst into laughter at Sofia's one-handed wrist joke but imagine a follower that says things like that all the time, including in greetings and farewells or location-specific comments. -_-

Keep up the good work. ^^

So far it's balanced well enough, but it's a good warning to keep in mind, I agree. The Hor..ker comment was brilliant though!

Well she doesn't really openly flirt with the player that much (only if she can get away with it by making it sound like a joke) but it's obvious that she likes the player and subtlety isn't exactly her thing. There is innuendo but as Megakoresh said it is balanced, the player skill lines is the only video that has it in any quantity mainly due to it being the easiest to come up with for those lines. If you check out the location lines video, or even some of the others there is not a single innuendo (if I remember correctly) but it still keeps things funny and with her personality.

Most sex references are things like "So have you ever read The Lusty Argonian Maid? It sounds like my kind of book. What? Just because I'm female doesn't mean I can't enjoy a nice classy piece of literature. I've heard it's quite intellectually stimulating... Actually I just heard it was stimulating although I don't think it was the intellectual kind." Which is more making fun out of things in the game and actually has some wit to it than just "you have a big sword" or whatever. Anyway I think the last video I posted proves that the humour is still on course in the right direction.