Mafia 2

Thor.

I'm looking forward to it, the first was excellent. I'm not getting too excited though, I looked forward to The Godfather 2 and that turned out to be an appalling game.

• 2 weeks later...
The original was easily one of the best games I've ever played. Better than ANY GTA or Saint's Row, and I loved SR1 and GTA4, specially Lost and the Damned. I just hope they keep it true to the original. The graphics were incredible, and still hold up well even today. The real traffic patterns, speed limits, etc, were BRILLIANT. This, and UFC: Undisputed are the 2 big titles that prove to me dev's still know how to make a game.

I'm looking forward to it. I asked a certain vendor if they could obtain the original Mafia, and unfortunately, they answered that 2K Games wouldn't allow it. *sigh* At least they will be selling Mafia 2.

That's odd why?, I mean they could make a huge profit selling the original when the second one is coming out, its a good thing i have the original one when it first came out :biggrin: love that game.

That's odd why?, I mean they could make a huge profit selling the original when the second one is coming out, its a good thing i have the original one when it first came out :biggrin: love that game.

They didn't say what 2K's reason(s) might be. I do know for a fact that there's not any problems between the vendor & 2K, so I'm guessing here the prevailing sentiment at 2K is they want people who don't have the original to buy their new one, so they can recoup development costs. I imagine then they will relax the issue and allow the original to be sold by vendors who don't already have it.

That's just imho, but it sounds reasonable.

Archived