ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Proper Way to Add Faction Allies

sullyvanj93

I apologize in advance, I'm sure this has been asked before, but I wasn't able to find any of the prior threads discussing it.

I'm hoping to add a new faction in my companion mod, and they will be allies with some other factions in the vanilla game. What is the correct way to go about adding this? Obviously, I can add the vanilla factions to my custom one as allies, but when it comes to adding my faction to their ally list, is there a correct way to do this? I feel like it would lead to incompatibility issues when multiple mods change those lists and they aren't matching...

I looked at other companion mods to see how they went about doing this. A few just didn't add new factions at all, which won't work as well for me... OR they just added their customized factions to the vanilla factions' allies list. Does this... not cause any issues? Is it not noticeable but might cause something to not work right? Is there a better way to do this? With scripts perhaps?

For context, this is the error that I'm getting when my geck loads up:

DEFAULT: (Faction Reaction Error) Faction '[My Faction]' is a Friend or Ally of Faction '[Vanilla Faction]', but Faction '[Vanilla Faction]' is not a Friend or Ally of Faction '[My Faction]'.

Edited by sullyvanj93