Help, Mods make my game crash

Idalar

Hello, I installed two mods, the vampire hood fix and the lore styles hair set, and seeing that they remained unchecked, I looked a bit more into it and made the plugin.txt read only. Afterwards, I tried running the game and I could only see the Bethseda icon before the game crashed. I tried not using the hair mod and keeping the hood fix and it still didn't work. Is there a way around this? Please, I need to know what to do so that I can make at least those mods run. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Idalar

The hood fix is in the Unofficial Skyrim Patch, so use that and the other patches instead; you'll get thousands of other fixes as well.

Is your Skyrim up to date? Have you verified the game cache to make sure your game isn't missing any files?

Is that your entire load list?

And i see two skyrim.esm's that shouldn't be like that, it's probably one of the problems.

I highly recommend you install and use the NMM to organise, download and install your mods, it's much more user friendly and genuinely useful unlike the vanilla method.

Edited by Dominoes666

Well, I tried erasing that extra skyrim.esm, and turned it to read only. It still crashes. I am using the Nexus Mod Manager (is that NMM?), and it is the one that adds that extra skyrim.esm. In short, I am bound to either endure that goddamn bald spot and other errors (the NMM doesn't work for me, apparently, for ANY modification, including the unofficial patch) or not being able to play at all. Does no one have any issues with the NMM as the one I currently have?

The update.esm will only appear if you have updated the game to the latest version... I'm honestly not sure how to do that without steam.

Steam btw is an online and offline gaming community with a market and game library you can access via the installed app. It is, if i say so myself, the core of pc gaming in this generation. You should really look into it if you want to game on a PC :smile:

And the missing update.esm is highly likely what is causing your problems, most mods are created on the latest game version and as such, require the update.esm as a master file. And as i have mentioned previously, mising masters is often the cause of crashing on startup.

Edited by Dominoes666