Is Racemenu 0.4.16 the best version for Skyrim 1.5.97?

anjenthedog

I have 0.4.16 installed and have for a while now.

I've noticed some ... peculiar behaviors recently that I wonder if might be coming from this particular version.

One is in body color.

if I

1. Open Racemenu
  2. Goto to Body
  3. Select the color icon from the first stage
  4. Adjust the sliders for a tone (in this instance, a slightly more peachy-pink white than setting "0" defaults to)
  5. Accept
  6. Create preset (for future reference)
  7. Exit Racemenu

The body will now have the tone I chose, just as expected.

However, if I enter Racemenu again, the tone is lost, and I have to load the preset in order to retrieve the correct tone adjustment.

(there are a few others.... certain scale values, especially spinal adjustments, have a way of resetting, "on their own")

This could be something else, or it could be Racemenu, or it could be the specific version of Racemenu. idk... Hence my question.

That is the version that I have still installed with my non-upgraded install of SSE. But I cannot speak to your issue as I haven't even played the game in some time. Furthermore, I was never one to re-enter the race menu to make changes mid-game. I always made my character and left it at that.

I suspect that RaceMenu was designed to apply color changes, overlays and what not when using the character menu. I do not think it was designed to know that there was a previous application of colors, overlays and what not when the character menu is opened. The player character is completely stock when going into the character menu for the first time. Presets were probably the easiest solution to allow users to re-apply lost changes on additional uses of the character menu as well as to load the same character appearance for a new playthrough.

But don't take my word for it. Especially if someone that knows RaceMenu in and out swings by to leave a definitive answer.

0.4.16 is the best option for 1.5.97 as it's the most up to date version before AE. However I recommend using this fix. RaceMenu 0.4.16 Memory Leak Hotfix (SE) at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

Thank you for the tip and link. I wasn't aware the patch even existed, so I must have just missed it when it was in the "new mods for this month" listings.

Thanks from here, also. We have just added the memory leak fix.

BTW, we've been using Race Menu as a sort of improvised "Flashing Save-Games Fix." Maybe that's a mistaken notion.

When we play our characters and when our game-save file reaches about twenty games, we go into Race Menu, make a small tweak to eye color, then back to the original eye color, and exit, and save, and now we are at a new Game Save 1, no flashing, till our list hits game-save 20.

Just a FYI.