ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

lock doors

unknownxgamer

my request is simple a mod that allows you to lock doors if you have the key for it.

see i find it enoying that when i become archmage my private quarters suddenly becomes open to everyone.

i might be practicing master level spells you know!

also any fool can just walk into my house and steal a fortune in magic artifacts daedric weapons things like ebony i keep around.

i mean everyone locks their houses yet i cant even tough i have the key.

also though i cant so it myself i know it can be done since the ingame object(door/chest) is bound to the key just check if the door is bound a key and if you have set key in your inventory you would be able to lock the door,

ps. thanks for reading my ramblings.

I don't know if there's a way to allow you to click on a door and get an option to lock it but, there is a really simple script you can add to a door that will tell it to close and lock on its own after it's been opened. I don't remember the exact wording for it but, it's something like

Event OnActivate (ObjectReference AkObjectRef)

Utility.Wait (5.0)

Function SetOpen (false)

Function SetLockLevel (255)

EndEvent

That's something you'll have to make using your creation kit. What I've just written would be used for interior doors so that once a door is opened it'll close and lock again in a few seconds. For something like the front door to Breezehome, you could probably get rid of the wait and setopen lines so that it just has the activate event, setlocklevel, and the end event. I'm not 100% sure. It's actually pretty easy to make right in your own creation kit though, provided you're willing to spend a few minutes experimenting and once you have that script, you can add it to any door you want to. If it's to be used on a house your character owns and you want it to require a key you'll have to be sure to set the lock level to 255. That's the require key setting. Otherwise, you would go 1, 25, 50, 75, or 100 depending on how difficult you want it to be for a door to be picked.

Edited by Arimikami

• Do you mean a general lock/unlock mod that is not part of a specific building mod? I am not a modder, but there is a console command: Enter console with "~", then left click on the door, then enter "lock" (I think you can also specify lock level). To unlock, do the same steps, just type the command as "unlock". Since there are console command for this, I assume the mods would just invoke the lock/unlock commands.