Ranger Clint - An advanced Ghoul companion mod

spartenkiller897

Clint and YOU!  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Ranger Clint?

• He's sounds super cool, I can't wait for him!
    • He sounds interesting, but I need more details.
    • Lame...
    • Stupid, he should be a normal human.
  2. 2. Some features will be cut from the mod, which do you think should stay (if any)?

• Hireable mercenaries in the ghoul town
    • Stand-Alone patches to reduce load order size
    • An adoption Clinic for you and Clint after the 4th quest (that's the romance quest)
    • Clint gets mad at you for destroying Lukesville (if you do), and leaves you (Unless under special circumstances).
  3. 3. What more would you like to know about the mod?

• Clint's Personality
    • All of the questlines
    • All of the features
    • The ghoul town Lukesville
    • The NPCs
    • Nothing, I want it all to be a surprise!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn time flies! So, here's what's going on:

• Clint was on temporary hiatus, due to technical issues
  • School work flooded my schedule
  • I've decided to take different aspects of Clint to different routes, making it a more mature and higher quality mod

I should have a more detailed update sometime next week if not sooner!

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:
So, since I don't have time for a full fledged dev blog this week, I'm going to sum up what's happening.

• A new quest involving the burial of a character has been implemented and is almost finished being constructed (it's a short quest)
  • A few bugs have been fixed that were in Beta 3
  • Lukesville has some new NPCs walking the streets

NOTE: This mod has been in development for a LOOONG time, but I'm really proud of how far I've gotten. I can try to say when it'll be done, but I can't give an accurate reply, all I can say is that I won't stop until the mod is done. I want to thank everyone who has put up with my amateur mod skills and lack luster time management, I have a very strong feeling though, that the technical part of the mod may be finished in less than a few months. As for voice acting... ugh. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Another Note: I'm not going to release the next few betas, because I feel that slows down progress more than it helps it. I'm not going to completely scrap the beta program, but it will be on temporary hiatus. Just think of it as Clint getting done sooner, with less distractions :)

~Sparten

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:
So, as things seems to be going, they are slow but productive, I've done a some work on the design of Lukesville and have updated some Navmeshing, on top of fixing some old dialogue and adding a few new NPCs, the burial quest (for the undisclosed character) is going well, and will hopefully be finished in a couple of days if not by the end of the week. I've also done a lot of editing of the History of Lukesville, fleshing out some more important details and fixing a few out of place events. More to come soon!

~Sparten

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:

So I have been working a lot on Clint and things are coming a long at a must faster rate and I've got some news:

• Burial quest was having a lot of issues and had to redo it
  • New NPCs added into the city
    A few of the buildings have been redesigned
  • I completely rewrote how the third quest will go, to not only make it flow better with the story, but to make it more poetic and epic
  • There will now be 8 raider gangs as opposed to 3
  • More pre-rendered cut-scenes are planed to be added
  • Dialogue improvements
  • A few bugs have been fixed although I have lost more meshes while working on this mod, so I still need to get that fixed

Overall, I hope to have a TON more progress over the following weeks and I hope to have this done way beFOUR Fallout 4. I won't set a date, but I will work my ass off to get this made! Developer blog coming soon!

Edited by spartenkiller897

UPDATE:

Here's what's new:

• Clint now has roughly 600 lines of dialogue alone
  • Loads of new dialogue triggers
  • The first quest is much more emotional
  • The Burial quest has more options now
  • A few old NPCs were placed in Lukesville

More news to come soon!

Edited by spartenkiller897

• 1 month later...

Sorry guys, I've been busy with work (and preparing for senior year) and when I came back to work on Clint, I found that a few meshes have gone missing, so now I have to find out where they've gone, thankfully only a handful of the meshes were custom (the rest are resources) and none of those went missing. I am really going to try to slam out a bunch of progress this weekend and next week. I promise you all, that this mod WILL be made, and I will not give up until it is done. I have made some progress since the last update, but I have not posted it. I apologise for the lack of updates and I promise I'll make up for it in the coming weeks, thank you all. :)