[WIP] Apocalypse New

EnaiSiaion

I love your system, I am subscribed to it on the Workshop, and I am going to go about switching it over soon.

Apocalypse is great when you combine it with other magic enhancers/scalers that keep the vanilla up to power. This mod has made my vampire lord/necromancer build AMAZING, and actually being able to use physical combat with Lesser Sanctuary and a dagger when magika gets low or crowd control fails.

-Liked:-

--Lesser Sanctuary

--Conjure Dragur Warrior

--Open basic lock

--Stun

--That one spell that heals everyone around you bigtime, fun in civil war questline!

--FEATHER FALL. My gosh, you are a freakin' boss for this spell man, for I am Dovakiin, one who skydives off mountains after the reverse butt-shimmy. (lol)

--Befuddle, an awesome way to counter spammer mages in a balanced way!

--Forked Tongue: Excuse me, could you hold all of these tankards, pots, and platters? *walks away* Muaahaahaa!

--Brimstone: awesome when you have 15 guards on your arse.

--Seduce (vampire player hehe)

--While I have never used circle of scorn, I'm pretty sure from the description its a murder-machine xD

-Didn't like/other:-

--How does Gate work, lolol

--Sanctuary, the fact that enemies can still perform killmoves, but I know that is a mechanic issue, not your fault :P

--Brimstone hurts you, I am assuming that it is the effect of a Flame Antronach exploding, your own magic shouldn't hurt you :X

I want to see what others think too! :D

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More necromancy themed spells is always a good thing for me.

Also I would examine these links for inspiration. I think they are particulaly good since TES is basically D&D.

http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/spellLists.htm

and

http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/epicSpells.htm

I would particularly like to see a spell like this and other spells dealing with planes:

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/spells/genesis.htm

I would particularly like to see a spell like this and other spells dealing with planes:

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/spells/genesis.htm

O_o

Surely you can't be serious. To what extent?

Sure anyone can make a spell that teleports you to some limited space cell but giving the player control enough to add whatever they desire...

You might as well just make your own mod to tailor the area to your wishes, making a spell with this much freedom is impractical if not impossible.

You'd also need an Etherealness spell to access the Ethereal Plane to be able to cast Genesis in the first place.

But you could probably manage a Master level spell that crated a pocket plane that has safe storage etc - sort of like a house mod, but instead of a house a safe cell with landscape but no monsters is conjured. But instead of being conjured, you are teleported there.

~.~

You'd also need an Etherealness spell to access the Ethereal Plane to be able to cast Genesis in the first place.

Which would allow for some very fun gameplay I think. The challenge of having to go there and being able to survive every time you wanted to cast the spell would be interesting. Also, creating that plane could be a lot of fun for a modder. There seems to be ample opprotunity for creativity during development.

But you could probably manage a Master level spell that crated a pocket plane that has safe storage etc

Mighty Magic has two spells like this already but I haven't tried them. I was hoping for something to take that idea even further.

Edited by Dp1983

For illusion:

How about a spell or spells that work based on the perceived threat of the player.

A calm spell that works better without heavy armor. Even better without even light armor. Naked? Ha, enemies play laughing animations and stay calmed. It could also look at equipped weapons.

Or a fear spell that worked based on having heavier armaments equipped in the same fashion only with more powerful stuff the effect is better.

Less OP dmg spells, more utility spells plz. Some ideas"

Time Warp: instant teleport to where you was 5 seconds ago. You also get same amount of health and mana as you had 5 seconds ago

Transform: you take a form and tree or bush and enemies cant see you and attack. Only works out of combat and outdoors. 2 second cast time

Siphon fire: for short time when you pass through fire, you gain health

Earthquake: all enemies in pointed location constantly knocked off their feet for short duration

Throw: you can grab enemy with telekinesis powers and throw him. Hard impact will kill weaker enemies instantly.

Link: you form a link with enemy. If he moves away from you far distance, he rapidly looses health.

Transform: you take a form and tree or bush and enemies cant see you and attack. Only works out of combat and outdoors. 2 second cast time

Would be useless outside combat unless enemies are going to pass you on a patrol or something, but enemies don't work like that in skyrim. Almost always you come across them as they stand around waiting for something to start combat with. Once you approach them combat starts so this spell would be useless for 90% of skyrim.

Earthquake: all enemies in pointed location constantly knocked off their feet for short duration

This effect is in the thunderbolt shout package so it should be easily adaptable to spell form no?

Throw: you can grab enemy with telekinesis powers and throw him. Hard impact will kill weaker enemies instantly.

There is literally a spell called throw already in Apocalypse. Slam also works on this basis. And really a one hit KO spell? whatever happened to:

Less OP dmg spells, more utility spells plz.

Also there is more than one mod that give you the ability to throw actors already. Its overpowered.

Link: you form a link with enemy. If he moves away from you far distance, he rapidly looses health.

There is already a spell in apocalypse that does damage based on distance traveled, although it does not specify a direction I think it is superior to what you've described since it doesn't.

edit: I see now, you could run away yourself and still kill them, different than I first thought.

Edited by ryanshowseason2

But you could probably manage a Master level spell that crated a pocket plane that has safe storage etc

Mighty Magic has two spells like this already but I haven't tried them. I was hoping for something to take that idea even further.

Yes, I can certainly manage that, especially because I did manage it, in Dwemerverse, the mod which no one gave a single s#*! about. Good to hear Mighty Magic also has it though.