[WIP] Apocalypse New

EnaiSiaion

Hi Enai,

I know that some of the spells will overlap, but other than that, would there be any game-breaking issues with using ApocNew and Apoc 4.0 together? I can rename some of Apoc's spells in the CK to get around the spells with the same name, because I don't think I can part with Hellbreath etc.

Thanks.

No issues. They are entirely separate.

I added/replaced a few more spells.

Teleport is back in as alteration 100 - and I figured out a way to stay out of SkyRe's way. It is a long range teleport. As in "two cells per cast" ranged. It does however have a channel time and is much weaker in combat or indoors.

Blood for Blood - illusion 50; cast on a corpse, unleashes a spirit blast that sets the health of the killer to 1 (if below 500). It is up to you to figure out how to use this.

Gravity Wave - alteration currently has zero damage abilities, but that doesn't mean when you smash a levitating target (Lift, Hold, Gravisphere, Magnetize) into the ground it won't cause fall damage.

Stormweave - it's basically Offensive Contingency with destruction spells only and MUCH more user friendly (hold it in one hand, spell in the other, cast, done forever) and compatible (no more exclusion formlists or daedric cows).

Conjure Gateway Wraith - another of those floating robes. This one does two things: it deals lots of damage to stamina and magicka, and while summoned it reduces the cost of your other summonings to 0.

Resurrection

"Well that's easy, just a script that does Resurrect() like Midas Magic"

No, because then their inventory would be reset and you can easily dupe items with it.

"Oh right I heard about that trick of making actors reanimate themselves..."

No, because then you wouldn't be able to talk to them anymore.

"So you just spawn a new actor and delete the old..."

No, because that would break quests.

And that's why you should use my mods. :tongue:

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL! OMG! I'm dying at that last bit.

Blood for Blood sounds like it may be interesting to use with the Resurrection spell. It gives the player a reason to set their followers to non-essential! :o Looks very interesting for sure!

As for the quoted portion's answer, so there's no confusion; there's no duplicate spells between the two?

As far as what's done, either way, this will be niiiice.

Edited by pheo3309

As for the quoted portion's answer, so there's no confusion; there's no duplicate spells between the two?

There are no duplicate spells that do exactly the same thing and the mods have different names. :tongue:

So go wild renaming.

There are no duplicate spells that do exactly the same thing and the mods have different names. :tongue:

So go wild renaming.

Heck, we probably don't even need to rename then! I was sold before and I'm even more now. Did I mention you're my favorite spell modder? :P

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand computer went boom.

The mod was feature complete yesterday, so I made a backup overnight and this morning the motherboard that was DOA 3 years ago and ran on faith had finally decided to leave this world for good.

I'm currently on a laptop that might run Skyrim. Slowly. Not worth it. Might as well wait for the new hardware to arrive in "one working week" or "5-7 working days" (2 weeks). I'll do what I can in the meantime, but that might not be a lot.

A few ideas if you are going to do new spells:

Thorn-bind hostage: Staggers target for 10 seconds and the next 7 melee hits deal 100 additional true damage. Alteration Master. 300 Magicka cost.(inspired by log horizon)

Wall of restraiment: Similar to wall of flames/frost/etc, only the player can cross it, attacks still come through(spells, arrows) and the wall itself does no damage. Alteration Expert. 100 Magicka Cost. 20 seconds duration.

Wall of esnarament: Similar to previous, but it staggers enemies who cross it for 3 seconds. Alteration Expert. 80 magicka cost. 13 seconds duration.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand computer went boom. The mod was feature complete yesterday, so I made a backup overnight and this morning the motherboard that was DOA 3 years ago and ran on faith had finally decided to leave this world for good. I'm currently on a laptop that might run Skyrim. Slowly. Not worth it. Might as well wait for the new hardware to arrive in "one working week" or "5-7 working days" (2 weeks). I'll do what I can in the meantime, but that might not be a lot.

Ah well, these things happen. If the mod is feature complete, will you be uploading it before getting your new hardward or does it still need polishing? Also, what issues will the Requiem compatibility patch have to fix? I can't imagine that there'd be anything too heinous.

Resurrection

"Well that's easy, just a script that does Resurrect() like Midas Magic"

No, because then their inventory would be reset and you can easily dupe items with it.

"Oh right I heard about that trick of making actors reanimate themselves..."

No, because then you wouldn't be able to talk to them anymore.

"So you just spawn a new actor and delete the old..."

No, because that would break quests.

And that's why you should use my mods. :tongue:

You win.

How does this work, though? Dead actors are cleaned up and chucked into an inaccessible cell, so you'd have to get to them quickly... Unless your scripting witchcraft (pun intended) pulls them from the ether. How about disintegrated corpses? I suppose having it only work on corpses that are still whole and present, DnD-style, would be easier and make some sense (explaining why Dovahkiin isn't being paid a small fortune to prance about True-Resurrectioning people, and, lore-wise, implying that it involves patching up the corpse and retrieving the soul before it leaves Mundus).

There are no duplicate spells that do exactly the same thing and the mods have different names. :tongue: So go wild renaming.

Excellent, thank you Enai. Slay Living appears identical, though. I think what I'll do for the duplicates that are (as good as) identical (Slay Living, Breath of Arkay, Bend the Shadows etc.) is rename Apoc4's versions' spell tomes to "Old Tome" or something.

As for the actual renamings, in case anybody else wants to keep both and is stuck for ideas, so far I'm thinking of:

Apoc4's Dispel Magic: change to Restoration -> Dispelling Bolt

ApocNew's Circle of the Moons -> Circle of Magnus (because the Staff of Magnus absorbs Magicka) OR Apoc4's CotM-> Circle of the Stars

Apoc4's Horrid Wilting -> Dessicate

Apoc4's Wither -> Enervate

Apoc4's Warp the Flesh: change to Restoration, -> Sunder Lifespark

Apoc4's Circle of Scorn -> Circle of Greater Blows

Apoc4's Condemn -> Impair

Apoc4's Inferno -> Meteor Swarm

Apoc4's Frost Nova -> Coldburst

ApocNew's Finger of the Mountain -> Storm of Vengeance

ApocNew's Flamestrike (very similar to Requiem's "Firestrike") -> Skyfire

Thanks again, Enai, and best of luck!