[WIP] Apocalypse New

EnaiSiaion

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will spells like Atronach Mark work for vanilla summons and other user created ones or are they keyed to summons from this mod only? Is it a difficult process to add them to the system? Or rather could I do it myself in an hour?

Calm down bro, it just works. :tongue:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand computer went boom. The mod was feature complete yesterday, so I made a backup overnight and this morning the motherboard that was DOA 3 years ago and ran on faith had finally decided to leave this world for good. I'm currently on a laptop that might run Skyrim. Slowly. Not worth it. Might as well wait for the new hardware to arrive in "one working week" or "5-7 working days" (2 weeks). I'll do what I can in the meantime, but that might not be a lot.

Ah well, these things happen. If the mod is feature complete, will you be uploading it before getting your new hardward or does it still need polishing? Also, what issues will the Requiem compatibility patch have to fix? I can't imagine that there'd be anything too heinous.

ApocNew's Circle of the Moons -> Circle of Magnus (because the Staff of Magnus absorbs Magicka) OR Apoc4's CotM-> Circle of the Stars

Feature complete means that no content development is needed, not that there are no bugs.

Naming source for those circles:

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m203/kymeth/Gaming/LeagueOfLegends/diana-scorn-moon-league-of-legends.jpg

i'm probably a bit late here but i'm wondering if you still plan to add more "physical" effects eg launching rocks or waterfalls...i don't mean to nag but it just doesn't seem to meld with the aesthetic of the game

I don't understand how it doesn't. Personally if I don't like a spell, I don't use it. If it's because it takes up space, then don't buy said spells.

Edited by pheo3309

i'm probably a bit late here but i'm wondering if you still plan to add more "physical" effects eg launching rocks or waterfalls...i don't mean to nag but it just doesn't seem to meld with the aesthetic of the game

I don't understand how it doesn't. Personally if I don't like a spell, I don't use it. If it's because it takes up space, then don't buy said spells.

i don't understand if you're trying to be cheeky, whiteknighting agaisnt anything that faintly resembles criticism, or reasoning this way in earnest. in any case, if that personally works for you then by all means carry on - personally. i see it's also served you well as a hollow rhetorical bludgeon to dismiss matters that evidently shouldn't interest you anyway.

Edited by axfvh

i don't understand if you're trying to be cheeky, whiteknighting agaisnt anything that faintly resembles criticism, or reasoning this way in earnest. in any case, if that personally works for you then by all means carry on - personally. i see it's also served you well as a hollow rhetorical bludgeon to dismiss matters that evidently shouldn't interest you anyway.

Woah there dude. No one is white knighting here. I'm simply asking you a question. If it's based on your level of immersion and it's already in there, why would someone change it just for you? Especially when it's so easily to ignore said spells or make a personal patch to omit them from the game entirely other than by console commands. Stating the obvious here as well as stating the obvious above.

Remember, if you've read the comment threads of Apocalypse, seen the videos, and even read through most of this thread, there are way more people who love these spells, consider them immersive, and generally have a good time with them. I'm simply asking your perspective as of why they're not 'aesthetically pleasing' to you. Who knows, there could be compromise due to the level of detailed criticism, however what you said... That's not criticism. That's simply saying "I don't like it." Doesn't help. It also doesn't help that you're THAT defensive about criticism of your 'criticism'. Chill. All I asked was for more input. Is that REALLY that much of a crime?

Edited by pheo3309

This started off... acceptable. Not great, but acceptable. It devolved a bit (read: a lot) at the end. The first bit could have been taken as a straight-forward "I'm not sure how you meant that". But the second half is little more than an unnecessary and uncalled for attack on someone who only said they don't know why you think that and offered their solution to that issue. Explaining that you don't think they meld well is fine. When someone says they don't understand what you mean, don't attack them. Just explain what you mean.

Woah there dude. No one is white knighting here. I'm simply asking you a question. If it's based on your level of immersion and it's already in there, why would someone change it just for you? Especially when it's so easily to ignore said spells or make a personal patch to omit them from the game entirely other than by console commands. Stating the obvious here as well as stating the obvious above.

Remember, if you've read the comment threads of Apocalypse, seen the videos, and even read through most of this thread, there are way more people who love these spells, consider them immersive, and generally have a good time with them. I'm simply asking your perspective as of why they're not 'aesthetically pleasing' to you. Who knows, there could be compromise due to the level of detailed criticism, however what you said... That's not criticism. That's simply saying "I don't like it." Doesn't help. It also doesn't help that you're THAT defensive about criticism of your 'criticism'. Chill. All I asked was for more input. Is that REALLY that much of a crime?

oh dear, forgive me for taking a variation of the venerable "if you don't like x, don't y it" maneuver at face value and thanks for offering such an enlightened "solution" to my supposed problem.

you alone are attempting to frame what i wrote as a demand to "change something just for [me]" in precluding any subsequent discussion simply by telling me to butt out if i take issue with anything at all. you continue to try something like this by bringing up whether or not the mod is "pleasing" to me individually, which doesn't have anything to do with anything - as you've unwittingly acknowledged by mentioning 'immersiveness', my actual point was that visual themes like the one i mentioned originally may be objectively out of place in the game or even the franchise as a whole (and speaking of actual points, do i need to explain that i was referring to the visual effects and not the spells themselves, which i am perfectly fine with otherwise; and thus i would be losing the spells if i chose to follow your solution). but of course, it's more convenient to set up an imaginary impasse between the righetous will of the masses (of which i am a part of to begin with, if you'd bothered to read the comment threads you referenced) and my own selfish, uncompromising whims,. if you want to be taken in good faith, you're going to have to be more subtle in mispresenting my statements.

Edited by axfvh

oh dear, forgive me for taking a variation of the venerable "if you don't like x, don't y it" maneuver at face value and thanks for offering such an enlightened "solution" to my supposed problem.

you alone are attempting to frame what i wrote as a demand to "change something just for [me]" in precluding any subsequent discussion simply by telling me to butt out if i take issue with anything at all. you continue to try something like this by bringing up whether or not the mod is "pleasing" to me individually, which doesn't have anything to do with anything - as you've unwittingly acknowledged by mentioning 'immersiveness', my actual point was that visual themes like the one i mentioned originally may be objectively out of place in the game or even the franchise as a whole (and speaking of actual points, do i need to explain that i was referring to the visual effects and not the spells themselves, which i am perfectly fine with except for the visual theme; and thus i would be losing the spells if i chose to follow your solution). but of course, it's more convenient to set up an imaginary impasse between the righetous will of the masses (of which i am a part of to begin with, if you'd bothered to read the comment threads you referenced) and my own selfish, uncompromising whims,. if you want to be taken in good faith, you're going to have to be more subtle in mispresenting my statements.

You're overlooking the bit where you were the one that blew it out of proportion. Also, hypocrisy is unattractive (of course referring to you claiming your statements were misrepresented, even though they weren't... in the same post where you misrepresent Phe's statements). You're doing a good job of painting yourself as the victim. Unfortunately, you're not the victim. You're the one that overreacted and then called foul play. You might as well drop the argument. At this point, even if you were right (which I don't think you are), you've reacted so aggressively and harshly that it doesn't matter if you're right because you just look like an ass. I'll assume you aren't an ass and that you simply misunderstood the intent/tone of what was being said. I've done the same, and I remember it well. So this comes from experience: there is no way for you turn this around except an apology. Since you aren't going to apologize, at least drop it and wait for an answer to your question.