[WIP] Apocalypse New

EnaiSiaion

oh dear, forgive me for taking a variation of the venerable "if you don't like x, don't y it" maneuver at face value and thanks for offering such an enlightened "solution" to my supposed problem.

you alone are attempting to frame what i wrote as a demand to "change something just for [me]" in precluding any subsequent discussion simply by telling me to butt out if i take issue with anything at all. you continue to try something like this by bringing up whether or not the mod is "pleasing" to me individually, which doesn't have anything to do with anything - as you've unwittingly acknowledged by mentioning 'immersiveness', my actual point was that visual themes like the one i mentioned originally may be objectively out of place in the game or even the franchise as a whole (and speaking of actual points, do i need to explain that i was referring to the visual effects and not the spells themselves, which i am perfectly fine with except for the visual theme; and thus i would be losing the spells if i chose to follow your solution). but of course, it's more convenient to set up an imaginary impasse between the righetous will of the masses (of which i am a part of to begin with, if you'd bothered to read the comment threads you referenced) and my own selfish, uncompromising whims,. if you want to be taken in good faith, you're going to have to be more subtle in mispresenting my statements.

You're overlooking the bit where you were the one that blew it out of proportion. Also, hypocrisy is unattractive (of course referring to you claiming your statements were misrepresented, even though they weren't... in the same post where you misrepresent Phe's statements). You're doing a good job of painting yourself as the victim. Unfortunately, you're not the victim. You're the one that overreacted and then called foul play. You might as well drop the argument. At this point, even if you were right (which I don't think you are), you've reacted so aggressively and harshly that it doesn't matter if you're right because you just look like an ass. I'll assume you aren't an ass and that you simply misunderstood the intent/tone of what was being said. I've done the same, and I remember it well. So this comes from experience: there is no way for you turn this around except an apology. Since you aren't going to apologize, at least drop it and wait for an answer to your question.

you haven't actually said anything in this post, just blindly contradicted me in order to jump even higher on your pedestal and lecture me about hypocrisy (deliciously ironic considering you're calling me out on false victimization when your (both) entire beef was premised on poor pheo3309 being victimized by foul play on my part, despite the fact that his original statement was vacuous and snide at best or an empty provocation at worst, i.e. foul play either way. see, you can find hypocrisy anywhere just by presupposing a judgment that happens to parallel something the other side said!) while reorganizing your original narrative into more dramatic characterizations of what i wrote. and if you want to pin on me the onus to "drop it" (let's assume you mean this genuinely and not to claim the high ground of magnanimity), then stop replying and it will all go away - i wasn't addressing you to begin with.

Edited by axfvh

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you haven't actually said anything in this post, just blindly contradicted me in order to jump even higher on your pedestal and lecture me about hypocrisy (deliciously ironic considering you're calling me out on false victimization when your (both) entire beef was premised on poor pheo3309 being victimized by foul play on my part, despite the fact that his original statement was vacuous and snide at best or an empty provocation at worst, i.e. foul play either way. see, you can find hypocrisy anywhere just by presupposing a judgment that happens to parallel something the other side said!) while reorganizing your original narrative into more dramatic characterizations of what i wrote.

I love how this entire post falls apart by simply pointing out that pheo's original statement can easily be neither snide nor empty provocation. And stop with the unnecessary overabundance of carefully crafted, overly-complicated plays on words, as you're obviously and undeniably employing them as a poorly disguised means of presenting a facade too intelligent and lexicologically savvy to possibly be questioned and criticized by those of us not within your strata of mental acuity. I can do it, too, and I would if it actually served a legitimate purpose. Every time you do it you look even worse. Anyway, you're right, I didn't say much about your argument. If you were paying attention, I also told you why​ I didn't.

I realize it's a bit overzealous and parts of it are redundant, but the point needed to be made. Sorry everyone. Now, because your inability to stop being a jackass has been so arduously utilized that the thread is now 9 useless posts fuller, I'm going to do what you should have done to begin with: forget about it.

you haven't actually said anything in this post, just blindly contradicted me in order to jump even higher on your pedestal and lecture me about hypocrisy (deliciously ironic considering you're calling me out on false victimization when your (both) entire beef was premised on poor pheo3309 being victimized by foul play on my part, despite the fact that his original statement was vacuous and snide at best or an empty provocation at worst, i.e. foul play either way. see, you can find hypocrisy anywhere just by presupposing a judgment that happens to parallel something the other side said!) while reorganizing your original narrative into more dramatic characterizations of what i wrote.

I love how this entire post falls apart by simply pointing out that pheo's original statement can easily be neither snide nor empty provocation.

oh my, you've got me. bald assertions, my only weakness!

And stop with the unnecessary overabundance of carefully crafted, overly-complicated plays on words, as you're obviously and undeniably employing them as a poorly disguised means of presenting a facade too intelligent and lexicologically savvy to possibly be questioned and criticized by those of us not within your strata of mental acuity. I can do it, too, and I would if it actually served a legitimate purpose. Every time you do it you look even worse. Anyway, you're right, I didn't say much about your argument. If you were paying attention, I also told you why​ I didn't.

yeah one of us is being obviously and undeniably superficial, i'd hazard that it's the one repeatedly applying irrelevant labels, referring to how the other one "looks", and playing the bigger man by calling for the "argument" to end and then coming back to make more parting shots. and you can use whatever plays on words you want, i won't complain about it any more than i have about your uniquely down-to-earth style of condescension. but seriously, i'm going to play the hypocrisy card again and call you out for questioning and criticizing and then going on about how the same sort of thing doesn't apply to you since you "didn't say much about [my] argument".

Edited by axfvh

Will spells like Atronach Mark work for vanilla summons and other user created ones or are they keyed to summons from this mod only? Is it a difficult process to add them to the system? Or rather could I do it myself in an hour?

Calm down bro, it just works. :tongue:

Good to hear. I have limited experience with the CK, it seems that someone of my competence level could make a system that wasn't universal, So I thought I'd ask.

Here's a good question for you Enai;

I've been using Resplendent Racials and I know all of your packages by now are compatible, I was wondering if you noticed anything noteworthy about them working all together. The only thing I'd really notice is that the spells that affect magicka and health would regen faster during the spell duration. Would there be anything else we can expect? :o

Welp... maybe some scroll spell spoiler would bring this thread back on rails? :wink:

Speaking of scrolls, I wonder if it'd be wise to have an optional plugin where one could create ApocNew scrolls? :o

Another interesting feature would be certain spells that are a scrolls only sort of thing, though again, I could understand if that would be more of an optional plugin. But I'd love to see a scroll spell spoiler!

Edited by pheo3309