[WIP] Apocalypse New

EnaiSiaion

I would like to have a cheap but random summon spell. Something like 25% rabbit, 25% wolf, 25% mudcrab and 25% bear.

And an advanced version of telekinesis that allow to throw arrows , rocks or something.

Maybe some spell that woul work like a shotgun firing multiple fireballs or ice spikes at the same time with a good power but a very bad accuracy.

I'd propose an alteration (or illusion) spell that turns the enemy into squares. I will tell my friends that this thread is WIP to be a square.

Edited by Mathalor

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that no one noticed the bugs with Apoc scrolls tells me that no one really uses scrolls except for scroll exclusive spells and even then.

You can thank interface for this, which requires to go into inventory every time you want cast scroll spell.

The fact that no one noticed the bugs with Apoc scrolls tells me that no one really uses scrolls except for scroll exclusive spells and even then.

You can thank interface for this, which requires to go into inventory every time you want cast scroll spell.

Then why did people absolutely want scrolls back in the day?

That's actually a really good question Enai. I think for me it was because of the last resort tactic when all other efforts have failed in vain. I mean there's been several times a scroll has gotten me out of a life or death situation. Well, in terms of gaming of course. :P But they do prove to be a pivotal part in survival. Especially if you roll Legendary. Which I can't play any other way (unless I'm testing and it's less of a hassle testing on lower difficulties). Heck, even Magelight scrolls come in handy for those uber dark dungeons.

Though I have a pondering question that digresses from scrolls and goes more into the distribution of spells; Would we see the spells in more vendors or just like the original Apocalypse package? Either way is fine, I just didn't know what or how you had that planned out. :o

I'm pretty sure you think the only vendor in Apoc was Kyrgar. :tongue:

Anyway, modifying who can sell spellbooks is out of scope of this mod.

I think so, I never found him though. I always got my first set of Apoc spells from Farengar or the College. Or those random finds within the loot list. xD But I think the reason why I never found him was because I was too busy screaming myself silly because I added DCO and was afraid.

I figured it would be, but it's good to know that it'll be like normal! That means I won't get lost. Especially running from dragons in DCO. :ohdear:

Edit: Also, how's the computer fixing coming along? Not to derail or digress or anything. I'm just hoping you get some playtime with all of this work. :P Seriously, I'd go nuts.

Edited by pheo3309

Bleh. No bueno! I hope it gets there soon, especially if you're itching to tinker with things or just to play. I imagine when you get that new PC though, everything's gonna fall into place and you totally have to brag about the PC when you get it! xD

The new new illusion tree:

Counterspell

Ghostwalk

Discharge

Dispel Magic

Illusory Flames

Mind Vision

Spellscramble - Counterspells a target and causes it to hit itself with its offensive spells, while defensive spells are cast on the caster.

Thoughtsteal

Blood for Blood

Compelling Whispers - Concentrate on a target for 6 seconds to convert it for the remaining duration of combat.

Evil Twin

Figment of Guilt - aka Lamb of Nocturnal. Creates a stationary image of the target, 50% of the damage it takes is passed on to the target.

Pale Moon

Shadowbond - Target and caster gain invisibility. When either breaks invisibility, both swap places.

Cloak of Mimicry

Empathic Agony

Mind Control

Monster Magnet

Tempest

Vanish

Hidden Cobra - If marked target leaves combat, its health is set to 1 by a poison hit.

Mana Void

Mirror Entity

Reave

Scream of Pain

Shroudwalk

Twilight Zone

(Available as unofficial content: Bend the Shadows, Iron Maiden, Overload, Mindshatter, Outcast, Geas Rune)