[WIP] Apocalypse New

EnaiSiaion

Alteration is almost done. I'm settling on 2-7-7-7 for 30 spells per school.

Kinetic Charge - expert - Target an enemy and telekinetically launch yourself into them at high speed like a great biotic wind, knocking them over. No damage, but the charge doesn't need to follow the ground, so you can cast it against a levitating target and knock them higher up and hopefully cause some fall damage.

New tech: ATTUNEMENTS. They have a fairly long cast time and high cost, and then replace themselves in your hands with a much faster casting and powerful spell for 10 seconds.

Example:
Dancing Stones - adept - Takes 5 seconds to cast, then for 10 seconds you gain the ability to throw stones every 0.4 seconds which deal damage and stun and lower armor by 120 for 5 seconds (doesn't stack).

How to make "open lock" fun:
EXPLOSIONS!
Detonate Lock - expert - Blow target lock the hell up with a massive blast of magic that may hit and damage those nearby within an area of 40 and throws enemies within an area of 10. It opens any lock with a level 25 or more points below your alteration level, from a distance, and gives exp based on lock level, but you may have a fight on your hands if you use it in a crowded place. Or you can use it defensively by luring an enemy near a lock and BOOM.

Utility!

Sense Ore - adept - For 10 seconds, pretty alteration lights appear above the nearest ore vein. Has a nice radar sweep animation.

Also, battlemage spells (WIP).

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Expanding on Detonate Lock, would it be possible to enchant traps to deal extra magic damage on their next collision? Apart from enchanting spike walls, battering rams and the like, you could also turn pressure plates into makeshift mines.

This could fit either with Alteration (non-elemental damage) or Destruction (elemental damage, maybe w/ secondary effects to differentiate from runes).

EDIT: Assuming there are still free places for spells and this idea is worth expending on, of course.

EDIT2: This would also provide interesting interactions with Dwemerverse and other mods that add placeable traps (even if it doesn't affect things like Laser Mines' attacks, adding extra oomph on touch could be a nice bonus)

Edited by Guest

Alteration spell list:

Novice
Alarm - Notifies you when enemies enter a certain radius around you.
Longstride - Concentrate to increase movement speed.

Apprentice
Earthrune Weapon - For 90 seconds, you deal (Alteration)% more 1H weapon damage for 2 seconds after casting a spell.
Feather Fall - For 30 seconds, reduces fall damage by 10*Alteration.
Loot Magnet - Loots all corpses in a 200 ft radius.
Ocato's Recital - You have 15 seconds to cast buffs and summoning spells; when you enter combat, your chosen spells are cast for free.
Reynos' Fins - Swim speed increased by 200% for 60 seconds.
Wither - Target loses 10% movement speed per second for 15 seconds. All movement speed is restored at the end.
[H]

Adept
Dancing Stones - Cast to attune to earth for 10 seconds and gain the ability to rapidly cast stunning rocks that lower armor rating by 120 for 10 seconds.
Lift - Concentrate on a target to levitate them into the air after 3 seconds. If you miss during this time, the timer resets.
Ninth Barrier - Increases armor by 140 for 60 seconds, but may randomly fail (1% chance per second) which drains half of your Magicka.
Sense Ore - Detect the presence of ore veins within 200 ft.
Spell Sequencer - You have 15 seconds to cast spells; when you cast one of them in battle, you automatically equip the next spell in line.
Tharn's Prison - Traps a humanoid target in a large crystal of force.
[H]

Expert
Create Energy Ball - Spawns a ball that can be thrown around with Telekinesis for 120 seconds.
Detonate Lock - Explodes a lock with level (Alteration-25) or lower, but may alert people nearby.
Gravisphere - Target is pulled into the air by an energy orb of high mass for 10 seconds.
Hold - Target is telekinetically suspended in front of the caster for 10 seconds. This is a touch range spell.
Kinetic Charge - Target an opponent and dash to them, knocking them down on impact.
Knowledge is Power - Cast with one hand while having a non-concentration spell in the other hand to give yourself a 1/day power that casts this spell for free.
[H] Warp the Flesh - Deals 20 damage per second for 5 seconds to paralyzed or levitated target.

Master
Acceleration Rune - When triggered, launches the opponent in its direction of movement.
Levitate - Walk on air for 30 seconds, stop moving to drop, jump to climb. Does not work in combat.
Mark and Recall - Place a marker or recall to a previously placed marker.
Replicate - Target an item on the ground to duplicate it at the cost of 4 times its gold cost.
Shalidor's Rune - When triggered, sets the opponent's health to a random percentage.
Weave Mythal - Increases the duration of your next alteration self buff to 600 seconds.
[H] Slam - Target is levitated for 2 seconds, then hits the ground for damage.

My apologies... must critique...

Earthrune weapon - Could this work for a number of hits afterward? Instead of duration. 2 seconds sounds short but it may just be me.

Does wither scale past 10%? 10 just feels lackluster and not worth it unless my goal is to run away from it. I've used alchemy in the past with ~10% slow speed and it just wasn't worth it.

ninth barrier sounds like an unreliable [material]flesh spell. I like the direction though. Does the armor effect end when it "fails"? Or just the mana drop? If its just a mana drop it is a compelling spell. Otherwise [material]flesh spells are the better more sure bet.

Sense ore - This is likely how ore should have been in the base game. Now all we need is a retexture mod to hide all the obvious painted walls with precious materials in them.

I just wanted to say how much I love Apocalypse... the Teleport spell alone is worth so much more than so many other spells, I absolutely love the utility the Apocalypse spell package brings, especially with Smart Cast. However, I've had to uninstall it recently due to constant instability with the game, as I also use Skyrim Redone, another wonderful mod. I look forward to this project coming to fruition, and look forward to seeing if it works.

The strange thing is, I could use Apocalypse and Skyrim Redone together until I reached the later game stages. I've worked hard to keep the save game size down, but the instability remains.

The thing about teleport, though, was that it didn't always teleport you to where it lands if its on a slightly steep slope, but that's about the only problem. I haven't tried many other spells, due to the limits of Smart Cast, but maybe add a regeneration spell? I'm an Argonian, so I don't have to worry about that, but the Orcish healing or whatever is kinda weak; you could add a better, higher level regeneration spell.

Also, any spells that buff your damage with weapons or enchantments would also be useful.

Good luck!