Haven't played skyrim AE in 2 months and now it runs at 2fps!

PipoLcito

The game used to run between 40-60fps wich is expected on my pc if i play with 250+ mods and enb on. Now, after 2 months of not playing i wanted to play for a while but the game runs at 2fps maximun. I've been out of modding all that time so i haven't changed anything on my modlist.

This isn't the first time something like this happens, it happened to me long time ago while playing SSE (Before AE). So i know it happens after not playing for a few weeks. Back then i just eliminated everything and made a clean installation before starting in AE so i didn't fix the problem. Now i want to know why this happens and how can i fix it to continue playing with my save file.

PC specs:
-Gtx 1050ti 4gb
-Ryzen 3 2200g
-16gb ram 3200mhz

Notes:
-Menus run at 60fps, even if i pause the game fps will increase and drop as soon as i close the pause menu.
-I made a new save and it runs at 2 fps aswell, so i know it isn't the save file but the game itself.
-I updated the game to 1.6.640 and patched it back to 1.5.97 using "Unofficial Skyrim edition downgrade patcher'' from Halgari on nexus mods.
-The first time this happened the game didn't update, so i guess the last update is not the reason.

I hope someone can help me with this. :smile:

I just tried to run the game today and it is normal again. Don't know why... but apparently the problem fixes after running the game, rebooting the pc and running the game again. An extremely easy fix.

Thank you for your help though :smile: