[wip/recruitment] The Changing Seasons of Skyrim

snapmoderator

I am pretty decent at textures, and can recolor things very well, so I suppose I can be of some help? I am working on the patch for Requiem and Skyrim Redone now, so I can't promise it will be my top priority. lol Edited by ArtMurder

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very interested in trying to help for this mod. However, I am just getting into modding for skyrim. I did a bunch of terraforming and quest sets in WC III. In addition, I have taking a little big of java script, html, and game programming, but not much. So, I dont know how much help I could be. I am trying to learn Blender as well. I have photoshop, and pretty familar with its tools, and am looking into getting the add on portion to modify texture files

Edited by siola

• 4 weeks later...

Just a few ideas you might want to look into:

1. Dynamic Weather Effects - characters, NPCs, and creatures getting wet and dripping during rain and also environments (buildings, trees, ground, etc.) getting wet and forming puddles, snow accumulation/melting, wind speed & swaying foliage, even sweating during hot/sunny days (Benchmark GTA 5 for many of these features)

*NOTE* I know there are a lot of mods that add some of these concepts like Wet & Cold and Get Snowy, but many of their features could be done better (benchmark Wet & Cold's drip with GTA 5's drip and also take a look at the ground effects that occur when dripping)

2. Integrate with mods like Enhanced Blood Textures (so that rain would "splash" when hitting blood pools), Real Shelter (you could even expand on Real Shelter to complete all areas), Expanded Towns and Cities, RCRN, Climates of Tamriel, Footprints, etc.

3. Add sound effects - by this, I mean when walking over leaf covered areas during autumn, you could add a "crunch" sound and what not (Again, benchmark GTA 5, which has a crunch sound when walking over broken glass)

Obviously, all of this is easy for me to say as I'm not the one who has to labor intensively on it (although I would if I knew how!) but if you ask me, might as well add the whole package if going at something this big. The fact that other games, like GTA 5 has a lot of the features I'm talking about and the fact that there are a lot of existing mods that do some of these means it should be doable!

Edited by TGirgis

do you plan to let seasons for all of Skyrim at the same time or maybe let it snow in the rift first and in time reach markath etc?

also one suggestion if you want to make it very realistic would be to let some animals go into hibernation, when it's summer in already snowy places the skies could be clear blue more often and maybe, just maybe let the water freeze into ice. But that last part would probably be tedious and unnecessary for you all

Edited by Rymdapa