X2: The Threat

Dark0ne

TRADE, FIGHT, BUILD, THINK - these are the four paradigms of Egosoft's "X2", the sequal to the largely popular "X-Tension". X2 is an extremely non-linear first person space simulation where aliens live almost symbiotically with the humans of the universe.

• 8 months later...

well the trade and build parts are good. and you do have to think. it's just the fight part that needs work (amongst other things). to my mind the physics engine and gameplay there however good, just doesn't "feel" right if you know what i mean. it's good, don't get me wrong. but freelancer is better there. the story line too and the movies involving humans aren't as well constructed as they could be. the humans move like idiots or robots, and don't look really real. ( as far as a game goes. freelancer again wins here).

the bbs is fairly good. the ability to search for all these different missions ( and different kinds of those types of missions too. this is one spot where x2 kicks... butt?) is especially good. but the graphics for sizes of inside a station and outside, scale wise, just doesn't look right. the way the docking is inside a station just isn't as goos as it could be. i'd like to be able to get out of my ship and explore the station entirely. talk to people. trade outside of the bbs and basic trading. hire defence people. apply for trade rights and the ability to build a station somewhere. have the five races react to me. all people acting differently, with a purpose. as if it was reality basically.

like in all the works of fiction that are shown on the egosoft and x2source forum boards. that would be good. and to choose your character. different story endings for each one, and multiple endings for the character you choose depending on how you play. or maybe no end at all. you defeat one bad guy but end up worrying about another soon after. meet new people wherever you go. make and break friendships. gain buisness parters, allies enemies. all within your own little part of the universe.

your own story. even the secret services using you depending on how life turns out. to have a game that reacted in those ways and more would be great. the game is good but there are so many ways to improve it that it would take ages to list it. although that said if anyone has ideas then it would be nice to hear them.