Reluctant Steward, Varona's dead body?

Systemlord30

I have quite a unique problem with the quest "Reluctant Steward", finding Varona's dead body in that I can't resolve. There is no marker for Varona's dead body and I have searched for several hours, everyone just keeps saying that Varona left for Raven Rock a little while ago. If you suggest using the console can this brick my game as I have over 200 hours on it? mods have never caused a problem and I never had any CTD in that 200+ hours!

I've never used the command console before so go easy on me please, keep it simple. I also have an issue only in Solstheim just about everywhere sometimes a fully animated lifeless dragon spawns and then falls out of the sky (20ft). I don't really care about the lifeless dragon I just want to continue with the rest of the quests in Solstheim!

I appreciate your help! :smile:

Latest version of SKSE

Been using BOSS

Mods & Textures

HearthFire.esm

Dragonborn.esm
SPIKE.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
Better Dynamic Snow.esp
RandomThunder.esp
Static Mesh Improvement Mod.esp
Static Mesh Improvement Mod-DragonbornTernDix.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
SkyUI.esp
HothTrooper44_ArmorComplilation.esp
BetterRiften.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
SFO Expanded Diversity.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dungens.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Exteriors.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Interiors.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Minor Cities and Town Interiors.esp
Improved Dragon Shouts.esp
Improved Dragon Shouts - Dragonborn.esp
UFO - Ultimate Follers Overhaul.esp
UFO - Heartfire AddOn.esp
WATER.esp
WATER Plants.esp
Textures and Meshes Mods
Skyrim HD - 2K Textures - Skyrim HD v1_5 FULL - Dungeons
Skyrim HD - 2K Textures - Skyrim HD v1_5 FULL - Landscape
Skyrim HD - 2K Textures - Skyrim HD v1_5 FULL - Misc
Skyrim HD - 2K Textures - Skyrim HD v1_5 FULL - Towns
Skyrim HD - 2K Textures - Skyrim HD v1_6 FULL - Riften
Ruins Clutter Improved2.5
Ultimate HD Fire Effects
Enhanced Blood Textures
Detailed Rugs
Improved NPC Clothing
Realistic Smoke and Embers
Lush Trees and Grass, Grass Only
Improved Rocks and Mountains
Hybrids Hires Plant and Herb
Hd Enhanced Terrain and Map snow
Glowing Ore Veins
Footprint Snow
Footprints Ash
Enhanced Night Shyrim Color Galaxy
Enhanced Night Skyrim v04 High Stars
Edited by Systemlord30

Hey there. She's difficult to find.

SPOILER ALERT! I edited to remove spoilers as much as possible but still might spoil things a bit.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
If you go East of Tel Mithryn toward the stream, then follow the stream North a little ways, you should eventually come across 3-4 ash spawn milling around under a pine tree up at the top of the hill to your right (I think they are past the Silt Strider on your way north from the coast). (If you reach the chest with the dead Reaver next to it, you've gone too far. She's north of the Silt Strider somewhere between that chest, the stream and a huge fallen tree.) They will run down the hill and attack you. Dispose of them and then look around the base of that tree, she should be there. Sometimes, she won't be there until after you kill the ash spawn (at least in several of my play-throughs that was the case). If she's still not there then yes, try console commands. Save before doing ANY console commands because you can muck things up with the wrong commands but this shouldn't damage anything.

Hit the ~ key (or whatever key is equivalent on your computer)

NOTE: Varona is a DLC added character so her reference ID starts with "xx" to indicate that the number changes depending on your load order. For me, her Reference ID number is: 040177DD because Dragonborn is number 4 my load order. If 04 doesn't work, try 03 or 02 and then type the rest of the numbers.

That said, type the following into your console, replacing xx with the appropriate numbers and then hit Enter.

player.moveto xx0177DD

Exit the console by hitting ~ again and you should be moved to where she is. If you move but still don't see her, you can try enabling her.

Here's how:

Open the console again and type:

prid xx0177DD

Then hit Enter and then type:

enable

Then hit Enter again and close the console. If she was invisible, she should now be visible.

Honestly, I've never had her just not show up so this is speculation based on similar experiences. I don't *think* any of your mods could be affecting that though, unless one of them put a house or something on the spot where she is supposed to be.

P.S. Dragon skeletons have been dropping out of the sky at random since I played on the console (XBOX 360). I think it's just a vanilla glitch. LOL Happens less on my PC.

Edited by nomaroos

Remember I'm using NMG, SKSE and BOSS for my load order.

Alright, when I typed "player.moveto (space) 030177DD the game goes into the mist loading screen and shows my level 71 with the progress bar, task manager shows Skyrim not responding. So in others words it didn't work. On the other hand there is a chest under a tree with lots of skeletons scattered around it. The fact that I never had the marker indicating where Varona is tells me it's because Varona isn't anywhere to be found otherwise there would be a marker and since there isn't, there's also no Varona.

I'm NOT going to spend another 6 hours looking for her so whatever you suggest next don't ask me to look for her please. HELP!

Devs are getting lazy these days and then they give up on those that spend money on their games, I'm shocked that this would be allowed to happen on a game console!! Glad I have a PC, at least I can attempt to fix it.

Edited by Systemlord30

I had the same problem, the only real glitch in dragonborn I experienced.

Rather than moving to her, have her move to you--it works great, although if I recall you do not get her armor/loot (there is a way around that, too, I think, but I was more concerned with moving the quest forward.)

This is what worked for me:

Note: xx should be replaced with whatever dragonborn is in your loading order-- you can determine that in-game by opening the console and clicking on anything in Solstenheim and noting the first two numbers.

Open console.

Type: "prid xx0177DD" and hit enter. Next type "moveto player" and hit enter. She should appear next to you. (dead and nekkid in my case, but good enough to get the next quest objective!)

Rather than moving to her, have her move to you--it works great, although if I recall you do not get her armor/loot (there is a way around that, too, I think, but I was more concerned with moving the quest forward.)

Note: xx should be replaced with whatever dragonborn is in your loading order-- you can determine that in-game by opening the console and clicking on anything in Solstenheim and noting the first two numbers.

Open console.

Type: "prid xx0177DD" and hit enter. Next type "moveto player" and hit enter. She should appear next to you. (dead and nekkid in my case, but good enough to get the next quest objective!)

Thank you that did it! Now I'm able to move on!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Open console.

Thanks for this info even 6 years later this solution worked for me!