ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

XCOMModHelper

UberJumper

It's not clear what is your current default location. What folder are you in when you enter that command? As given, it will look in the current default folder, and if that is not the Steam folder containing 'EWConfig.xml', then you will get that error. Try putting the full path to 'EWConfig.xml' into the command '-c' parameter.

-Dubious-

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now have this problem :sad:

log.....

[iNFO]> ==========XCOMModHelper========
[iNFO]> Attempting to Locate XCOM Root Directory
[ERROR]> An Error occured during processing:The index value (the initial value of zero) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.

[ERROR]> System.FormatException: The index value (the initial value of zero) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.

in System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormat(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args)
in System.String.Format(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args)
in XCOMModHelper.XCOMUtilities.GetXCOMRootDirectory() in d:\Workspace\xcom-mod-helper\XCOMModHelper\XCOMUtilities.cs:line 18
in XCOMModHelper.XCOMModHelper.GetXCOMRootDirectory() in d:\Workspace\xcom-mod-helper\XCOMModHelper\XCOMModHelper.cs:line 54
in XCOMModHelper.Program.Main(String[] args) in d:\Workspace\xcom-mod-helper\XCOMModHelper\Program.cs:line 19
[ERROR]>
The Patching Process was Aborted

I do not understand what the problem is: (
what it is to be it? [d: \ Workspace \ XCOM-mod-helper \ XCOMModHelper \ XCOMUtilities.cs: line 18]

I do not know if this is important but I have a game installed
E \ GRY \ xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by vito740

The config to patch the second wave options in doesn't seem to work after the new patch, the config to change to the defaultini's does however.

[iNFO]> ==========XCOMModHelper========
[iNFO]> Attempting to Locate XCOM Root Directory
[iNFO]> Found XCOM Root Directory of [ e:\games\steam\SteamApps\common\XCom-Enemy-Unknown ]
[iNFO]> Backup Target Directory is [ e:\games\steam\SteamApps\common\XCom-Enemy-Unknown\XEW\Backup ]
[iNFO]> Decompressed UPK Folder [ e:\games\steam\SteamApps\common\XCom-Enemy-Unknown\XEW\UpkUnpacked ]
[iNFO]> Decompressed UPK Output Directory does not exist, creating
[iNFO]> Patching [1] Targets
[iNFO]> Patching Target [ e:\games\steam\SteamApps\common\XCom-Enemy-Unknown\XEW\XComGame\CookedPCConsole\XComGame.upk ]
[iNFO]> Applying Patch [ Unlock Second Wave Options ]
[ERROR]> An Error occured during processing:Could not find the specified hex value for patch [ Unlock Second Wave Options ]
[ERROR]> System.InvalidOperationException: Could not find the specified hex value for patch [ Unlock Second Wave Options ]
at XCOMModHelper.XCOMModHelper.HandlePatchState(PatchState state, PatchEntry patch) in d:\Workspace\xcom-mod-helper\XCOMModHelper\XCOMModHelper.cs:line 259
at XCOMModHelper.XCOMModHelper.PatchTarget(PatchTarget target) in d:\Workspace\xcom-mod-helper\XCOMModHelper\XCOMModHelper.cs:line 210
at XCOMModHelper.XCOMModHelper.ApplyPatches() in d:\Workspace\xcom-mod-helper\XCOMModHelper\XCOMModHelper.cs:line 142
at XCOMModHelper.Program.Main(String[] args) in d:\Workspace\xcom-mod-helper\XCOMModHelper\Program.cs:line 59
[ERROR]>
The Patching Process was Aborted

After any patch to XCOM (EU or EW), every mod is broken until the changes to the hex code has been identified and fixed in the mod. With the patches that occurred at the beginning of Dec, you need to wait for the next release of XCOMModHelper.

-Dubious-

vito740 do you have Steam version of the game? Because alternative or free version of the game has hash check of XComEW.exe, so if you manage to get XCOMModHelper working and modify the executable, the game will crash.

You can use -x option followed by the path to your installation to tell XCOMModHelper where is your XCOM installation. This will work for modding upk files.

XCOMModHelper -c MyMod.xml -x "s:\Steam\SteamApps\common\XCom-Enemy-Unknown"

I used the command:

xcommodhelper -v -c ewconfig.xml x- "c:\program files (86)\steam\steamapps\common\xcom enemy within"

It ran without error and said the patches were applied, but the program crashes on start.

I think I have the checksum problem I recalled reading about.

Error text is:

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)"

I don't recall reading about a fix for that issue but I was looking for other information at the time. Can anyone point me to a fix for that? I'm sooo close to making this work.