Fallout3 Multiplayer

Honeybiscuit

Ok I know there are some intuitive people who know how to make a multiplayer game, How. Would it be wrong to create one? AND WHY IF SO> I DONT WANT TO GET BOOTED OUT BECAUSE I HAVE GUESTIONS> I SEEN AN OLDER GAME SINGLE PLAYER TURNED INTO A MULTI PLAYER THE OLD GAME WAS CALLED HIEF< IF YOU HAVE IDEAS ON HOW LET ME KNOW> THERE HAS GOT TO BE A WAY

This is in the wrong forum, but someone has already asked to have it moved.

To answer your question, no, I don't think it can be done. Single player RPG are hard to make multi-player. What if you were running a mod that someone else who is playing didn't have? It wouldn't work.

To be honest, the only mod made multiplayer game I can think of, is the original Counter-Strike, but even they had a HUGE team just to make it, it took them ages to make that game, all without financial backing, all on the Half-life engine.

I'm afraid to say, Fallout is not as popular as the Half-life series, not by a long shot, you will never find enough people interested in making a Multiplayer version with skill at doing it, as it has only be done once, and that was nothing short of a miracle.

Did you even played the multiplayer mod for oblivion?.

It was a horribly buggy and incompatible thing that took friggin YEARS to be made, and it allowed you to see the other player. That's it.

No combat, no item share, no chat, enemies and everything where separate.

Which makes posting a request saying: "hey complete strangers, would you mind dedicating 2-3 or more yearz of your life so me and ma friendz cun pway in team and stuff, it'd be totally awesum." Annoying at best.

my point is that: Good game cannot be multiplayer , bad game can be multiplayer and multiplayer is an only reason to play bad game...

no offense

my point is that: Good game cannot be multiplayer , bad game can be multiplayer and multiplayer is an only reason to play bad game...

no offense

eh, I wouldn't go as far to say all Multiplayer games are bad, TF2 for instance is great...

but I guess as far as RPGs are concerned your right.