Will nexus make a separate section for GOG skyrim?

mofailed999

Will there be a separate section on nexus for the GOG version? Why is this topic so quiet here? Currently many basic mods on nexus don't work with gogrim. Racemenu, skyui & DAR won't work & many others. The collections don't work either & ALL mod managers are problematic too. Had the game for a week+ still can't run mods

No.

The only real incompatibility between the GOG version and the Steam version is the need for a different SKSE version. And that's no different than any other game version difference. It wouldn't make sense to have a separate GOG section without also having a separate 1.5.97 section and 1.6.640 section and so on.

It's up to the mod authors to decide whether they want to support the GOG version. It's up to the mod manager creators to decide whether to support the GOG version (Vortex and MO2 already do). Collections should work unless they have incompatible SKSE mods included.

When you say "still can't run mods" do you mean you can't run mods at all, or that some of the mods you want to use haven't been updated yet.

As for why it's so quiet: The forum is largely filled with people who have had Skyrim for years and haven't rushed out to buy a new version.

No.

The only real incompatibility between the GOG version and the Steam version is the need for a different SKSE version. And that's no different than any other game version difference. It wouldn't make sense to have a separate GOG section without also having a separate 1.5.97 section and 1.6.640 section and so on.

It's up to the mod authors to decide whether they want to support the GOG version. It's up to the mod manager creators to decide whether to support the GOG version (Vortex and MO2 already do). Collections should work unless they have incompatible SKSE mods included.

When you say "still can't run mods" do you mean you can't run mods at all, or that some of the mods you want to use haven't been updated yet.

As for why it's so quiet: The forum is largely filled with people who have had Skyrim for years and haven't rushed out to buy a new version.

it's drm free, that's a big deal lol. Racemenu & skse in general being updated is what people with gog version are waiting for that's all. Skyrim without skse mods isn't much fun. Initial excitment that i don't need steam anymore but didn't realise there would be so much struggle with mods though it's recent too so...

Everyone with the drm frree gog skyrim will just have to wait & hope then, great.

Will there be a separate section on nexus for the GOG version? Why is this topic so quiet here? Currently many basic mods on nexus don't work with gogrim. Racemenu, skyui & DAR won't work & many others. The collections don't work either & ALL mod managers are problematic too. Had the game for a week+ still can't run mods

I don't use Racemenu and I don't know what DAR is, but SKSE, SkyUI and MO2 are all working fine with the GOG version for me. There is a GOG version of SKSE and a GOG patch for newer MO2 versions. I'm loving my modded GOG Skyrim AE. :)