Site appears to be broken on the Brave browser

Freezingfield

I can't click on anything or load any game pages or menus on the main Nexusmods page. Looking at reddit it looks like lots of other people are experiencing the same thing.

Edit: so it looks like the site was changed to be largely inaccessible if you are using any sort of ad blocker and it was done so without informing the users.

This seems extremely shady and unethical.

Edited by Freezingfield

Can confirm. Using brave browser. Pictures on mod pages are bugged. Mod names are not appearing on the front page. Cannot click on anything on the top of the page except to get to here and the nexus home page. If I try to download something, it's not an instant download even though I have the grandfathered premium.

I was having problems in Firefox. After turning off uBlock Origin, things started working again just fine. My guess is that ad blockers are somehow not working with the site.

EDIT: And just to clarify, I have paid for membership which removes the ads from the site. I can understand problems for free members who get shown ads, but something seems broken if an ad blocker causes problems when there are no ads.

I've tested with Chrome and uBlock installed this morning and I cannot find any issues. Whatever issue people were/are experiencing is likely being caused by an update to uBlock/Brave's adblocking functionality breaking our site and nothing to do with us.

We are not responsible for custom browser plugins breaking our website.

Brave is not a browser we actively support (this means that it's not a browser we test with/against when working on the site). It may work or it may not, but we do not develop with Brave in mind.

Confirmed...

Not working in Mozilla either...

I only managed to login using edge and it works fine on that....

Yes Ublock is the culprit but why ? Im sure that ublock finds something wrong with the blocked content or links...

Are you people sure you didnt implement some kind of new policy that doesnt allow blockers ,basically forcing people to disable them ?

Just asking because i see this type of behavior on other sites that want to force visitors to see their ads...

YeIjiB.jpg

Edited by greekrage