Stimpack Needles

SnakeTheFox

Here's a odd one, stimpack needles.

It's odd, you can pump 30 stimpacks into yourself, but your character will never once drop a needle. I'm pretty sure it's possible to make an effect that basically adds an 'empty syringe' junk piece to your character every time you use a stimpack, which would be cool.

But what would be cooler would be if, for every time you use a stimpack, your character drops an empty syringe. Same should go for Med-X/Morphine, Psycho, etc.

Anyone willing to take this up? Or has it been tried/done?

don't know if we can produce shell casing at will, but an item can be scripted to vanish. Tho good timing there is required.

A good method would be to simply play a sound of a needle falling to the ground, it's more reliable than trusting a falling item to produce the desired sound.. well, actually, just prolong the stim sound so it plays a falling needle at the end.

That sounds better than just default.

Is there a mod that exists that reduces the amount of stimpacks you can inject yourself with, per second/minute/hour/day?

Really I find it horribly unrealistic that you can simply bring up the Pipboy (pausing the game), and inject 4 stimpacks, and get right back into the fight you were literally fully engaged to.

What would be really cool (and I'm probably just dreaming here, I understand Fallout 3 is one of those games that make mods like this difficult) is if there was a mod that replaced all the vanilla stimpacks, with stimpacks that worked differently. Say, they would need to be equipped like a weapon/apparel, and used, so you can't do it via hotkeys/pip boy, and every time you do, you'd need to 'fire' it (mouse 1, w/e you use) and it could play an animation of the PC stabbing himself with a needle. Although I'm sure something like this has been discussed before.

There's several mods that change the stim from instant heal to regen. Multiple regens don't stack, ergo, you cant eat 50 stims in a single pause and be full of health. That system works rather nicely.

As for the animation, hmm.. i know there's one for self-injecting stim somewhere, locate it and i'll make the mod.

Hmm, no amount of browsing nexus' animations folder/using the search feature on the site, or even my moderate google-fu has yielded any results.

If anyone reading this knows where a stimpack injecting animation is located, or if there is one, please don't hesitate to tell us.

Archived