Severin Manor - Hearthfire Edition?

ADragonCalledGeorge

Severin Manor is a great player home for the beginning of a new game because despite the quest you have to do (which is short mind you) it is free. The only problem for me is that it doesn't have a groweable/plantable garden like Hearthfire so I was wondering if someone could make a simple mod that just addes a useable garden to the house. It would be epic if it could be a replacement for the garden that is already in the house to start with. That way it wouldn't be like cheating very much and would blend in seemlessly with the vanilla player home. I think it would be really cool and would greatly appreciate a mod like this.

But until then, many thanks in advance and fingers crossed!! :smile:

P.S. Also it would be cool if you could make the vanilla garden bigger if you replace the garden with a useable one. Either that or add more garden plots. Heck, both would be good! :smile:

P.P.S. A more unrealistic idea is if there is a secret passageway behind one of those myterious wardrobes that opens up to form a door. Then behind the wardrobe (could be anyware in the house, obviously underground) is a tunnel that leads to an underground hidden cave. This cave has a small pond with different types of fungi (e.g. herbs and mushrooms for alchemy) and some plants like nirnroots and moss and whatnot and just various plants for an alchemist's heaven. I always depend on alchemy to survive! That would be brilliant but a simple growable garden would be cool too.

Edited by ADragonCalledGeorge

It could be easy to make a kind of small basement where you could plant stuff. I could have tried, but since this mod would require Skyrim.esm, Dragonborn.esm and Hearthfire.esm, I don't think I can. My Creation Kit has trouble loading multiple master files :sad:

Edited by Jokerine

It could be easy to make a kind of small basement where you could plant stuff. I could have tried, but since this mod would require Skyrim.esm, Dragonborn.esm and Hearthfire.esm, I don't think I can. My Creation Kit has trouble loading multiple master files :sad:

There are some mods that let you use the DLC's in the Creation Kit. I have not used them myself so I can't say for sure if it works but I would be extremely greatful if you could make this a reality. Cause I do use Severin Manor from time to time and would love to grow my ingredients there as well. It would make the place a touch more useful! :) Also, I think there are some ini edits you can add to grant you access to the DLC's.

I'll see what I can do. I'm really busy currently working with the Black Mesa mod (that one remake of Half-Life) but I'll try to take some time off and see how I could make it work. Don't hold your breath! ;)

Sorry about the double post, but I wanted to say I have gotten things working. I made a small basement with 10 planters, which I hope will be enough. I'm finishing up the details and then I'll give you the file :smile:

EDIT: The file is done, here you go. Hope you like it!

Edited by Jokerine

Sorry about the double post, but I wanted to say I have gotten things working. I made a small basement with 10 planters, which I hope will be enough. I'm finishing up the details and then I'll give you the file :smile:

EDIT: The file is done, here you go. Hope you like it!

Sorry for not checking up on the thread. I had given up on this mod. :) I will check it out as soon as I get back from work though. I can't wait and many thanks in advance!! :)

Aw, how sad - here I worked my fingers to the bone trying to hurry and make it fast, and you had given up on it. I shouldn't have hurried so much :tongue:

Sorry! That sounded rude of me! :) I meant was that I thought the mod wasn't possible to make because you couldn't access the dlc's in the thing. I really appreciate your effort though and I tested it and it works! Now i jus hav to wait for the stuff to grow which usually takes a few days in game. This will be where I plant my magicka potions cause in lakeviw manor I have my healt potion gardens. Sadly you can't plant stuff for stamina potions but I dont use that too much anyways. Great mod though and I endorsed it! :) Thank you very much for your hard work. i shall use it with all my future play-throughs because Severin Manor can be obtained early on in the game and is for free and now has a garden which I use for potions, lol. Epic stuff!!