Help with Dragon Combat Overhaul

Coolbeans66

Its actually, im pretty sure, an inherited bug from the vanilla game with the "dragonbloodfx.psc" script, nothing can be done about it except uninstalling some ofther mods

~SD

Willing to bet money that this has nothing to do with DCO. (And if it's DCO, why not go to the mod page for help????)

Also, things like your Papyrus log getting filled with things regarding something akin to "FXDragonBloodDamageScript.psc" is a vanilla bug. It getting spammed in your Papyrus is just a minor bug, which DCO exasperates a little bit (similar to wonky dragon flying and dead dragon bodies haunting you), and is not something that will cause CTDs.

The unofficial patches are almost always good to have installed no matter what.

Other than that, can't help you too much without knowing about your mods and load order.

Should always have USKP, but the FX bugs are already present in Skyrim vanilla, but certain mods can antagonise them, like SkyTEST did with lvlpredatorscript.psc bugs. Try the USKP but I have all three installed and I still get the FXDragonBloodDamageScript.psc" log spam. Its when you damage a dragon and the bloody shader is applied to the area, im pretty sure

Are you on a newer official patch? WARZONES-Civil Unrest has a huge red "Caution Outdated: Can cause crashes/issues" in the SkyrimGEMS listing. Although I see that the mod has been updated last March. Anyway, looking at your load order and mine, here's what I can say:

1. SPIKE in my case is near the top, right after Dragonborn and Skyrim Project Optimization because SPIKE is an esm.

2. Dragon Combat Overhaul is loaded BEFORE Dance of Death.

I am thinking it's DCO and DoD that's causing you to crash. DoD is looking for a kill move animation but DCO is conflicting because maybe the Dragon Combat script is being prioritized over DoD? Just me guessing. I use BOSS to change my load order, and it's the one that set DCO before DoD.

Are you on a newer official patch? WARZONES-Civil Unrest has a huge red "Caution Outdated: Can cause crashes/issues" in the SkyrimGEMS listing. Although I see that the mod has been updated last March. Anyway, looking at your load order and mine, here's what I can say:

1. SPIKE in my case is near the top, right after Dragonborn and Skyrim Project Optimization because SPIKE is an esm.

2. Dragon Combat Overhaul is loaded BEFORE Dance of Death.

I am thinking it's DCO and DoD that's causing you to crash. DoD is looking for a kill move animation but DCO is conflicting because maybe the Dragon Combat script is being prioritized over DoD? Just me guessing. I use BOSS to change my load order, and it's the one that set DCO before DoD.

Its not DOD and DCO, they do conflict, however, its because of different model related issues I think, they ussually cause stalls at the Main Menu, no main menu, no HUD, no UI etc. The script problem that is causing the crash is the blood script that is applied to damaged dragons on damage and death. Most likely it is when the death of a dragon triggers the re application of certain bloody fx's and causes a script over load loop where the FX is constantly being applied to an active object whereas the body is now a container

Also, yeah I must have brushed over that, Warzones is the worst mod for stability, best mod ever made, worst stability, even when it was being updated, unistall it unless you want consistent and remarkably persistent crashes, no system, no matter how beefy can safely run Warzones any more