Cant get rid of a mod even after full clean install please help

TAWschyzo

Hi guys I hope one of you can help me because I don't want to reinstall windows for just Fallout 4.

I had some Vault 88 mods installed including one "straight to the water" and a "build ready"
I geuss the combo of those 2 moved a bunch of assets like the teminal and such.
this also created voids all over ( the white portals to hell )
So I uninstalled those mods , no fix.
I did a clean reinstall (game folder , appdata local folder and documents my games folder ) no fix,
I did another clean reinstall on a different drive , no fix.
No mods are loaded not even F4SE is installed it's should be 100% vanilla but it isnt.
I uninstalled vault tech workshop DLC , and reinstalled it (hoping the vanilla assets would override ) no fix.
I am getting pretty close to reinstalling windows because I searched everywhere and can't find a fix.
Where can these files be comming from ? seeing as I deleted all 3 folders everytime.
I just want to get back to a vanilla state to start working from there.

Please help

Which mod manager are you using?

I was using vortex , now I want to switch to mod organizer 2 after this whole thing

are you trying to use a save file that once had the mod installed? if so, your save might be affected by the mod in some way, not fixable.

when you uninstall a mod and then attempt to use a save file that once had it installed, it can cause problems like missing walls/objects/textures, as well as misplaced stuff.

Edited by HedgehogMods31

Which mod manager are you using?

I was using vortex , now I want to switch to mod organizer 2 after this whole thing

are you trying to use a save file that once had the mod installed? if so, your save might be affected by the mod in some way, not fixable.

when you uninstall a mod and then attempt to use a save file that once had it installed, it can cause problems like missing walls/objects/textures, as well as misplaced stuff.

I did try it with my current save but also when i made a new char it had the same issue ,,, weirdly enough i made a second windows profile and that does have a vanilla build so it must be something in my user settings eventho I removed |

appdata\local\fallout4 and documents\mygames\fallout 4

Does Vortex still show you have mods installed? I believe there is a button for 'purge all mods', which will effectively disable/uninstall all of them at once.

no neither vortex or mod manager 2 or hell even ingame main menu show any mods installed

*FIXED* okay don't know how but somehow I managed to fix it bare with me because maybe someone more tech savvy can figure out what makes my bumbling around tick.

I uninstalled the game via steam (again)
Removed the game folder (again)
Removed the documents my games folder (again)
Removed the appdata local game folder (again)
Made a second windows account on my machine and switched to that.
Toggled cloud save off
Installed the game on that account and started it up , consoled myself to level 20 outside of the vault and toggled map markers and put godmode on

Went to Vault 88 and opened it no more portals to hell , all vanilla the way it would not on my main account.
Went back to my main account started the game same console commands and voila i had a 100% vanilla vault 88

So I don't understand the reason but somehow me flailing around like a hooked fish repaired my vault 88

Maybe someone can explain what I accidentally stumbled upon doing this.