KSP Site

Chasesan

I know this has been mentioned before, but I think it is worth mentioning again. Kerbal Space Program, this game has a plethora of mods. However they are hard to keep track of and difficult to know when new or good ones come out.

The KSP Space Port is largely inadequate to handle them, and the KSP Mod forums are bursting at the seems, with new or updated mods hidden pages deep within minutes during US daylight hours.

I am not sure why Nexus doesn't yet have a site for Kerbal Space Program, perhaps it is felt that Space Port is sufficient, as it is made by the games makers, or that there are plenty of other avenues for mods of the game (similar to how nexus doesn't have a mod site for things like The Sims). But it isn't, and there isn't.

I can only keep up with new mods through second hand information via Reddit. Even then I know I miss a lot of new and interesting mods.

I'm not asking for a way to manage the mods in the Nexus Mod Manager, though that would be nice. But a place to put our mods that is fast, easy to search and keeps popular and relevant mods near the top would be boon to the (ever inflating) KSP community.

Regards,

Chase

Your friendly neighborhood mod creator.

I'm not entirely sure there's the demand for it considering the Space Port. If there was demand for it, then yes, but otherwise it can wait until we release the global Nexus which isn't too far off now, at which point we'll be able to support mods for any and all games.

Well lately a number of mod authors have taken to not even releasing them on the space port, because of how poor it is. I could go into all it's short comings, but I don't think this is the place for that. I think there is at least as much demand for it as there is for another of other games already on the Nexus, if not more.

But I suppose I can try and check what the community thinks.

I checked, and most of the ones who responded (16-18 or so) were for it, while a smaller minority (2-3) thought it would be pointless when "Spaceport 2" comes out some time in the next 30 or so years. But the total talk participation was limited to about 20 individuals. But the voting placed it at a 46 up to 8 down. Not significant numbers by either the NexusMods standards or by KSP community standards.

So I concede. I assume the rest are indifferent.

Edited by Chasesan