Instalation Problem

CrazyGilbert

I tried to install morrowind for PC on my computer last night humbly wasting two hours of my time but what seems to be the problem is that once the instalation was complete I tried to launch it and morrowinds little menu popped up with the orc in the background, well thats normal but when I clicked "play" it came up with an error message like this: Software has created an error and will be shut down.

my computer isnt bad anyway here is some information about it:

Dell Gx1 10 optiplex computer 866 mgz Intel pentium III with a TNT2 videocard and onboardAC97Sound.

can somebody help me out and not give an answer like "well, my computeris 2x the size and speed of yours" please somebody try to help me out with what I have

What operating system are you using?

When did you last update your sound and video drivers, and which drivers are you using?

Morrowind will definitely run on a TNT2 - though you won't get the pixel-shaded water effects - but you may have to update your drivers.

Try updating your drivers first of all - if you're lucky that may be all that's required.

If that doesn't work.... there could be a problem with the onboard sound. *shrugs*

I don't know much about the different sound configurations, so I'm afraid someone else will have to help you with that.

pekka91 - I used to run Morrowind on a TNT2 card .... TNT2 cards are supported.

Archived