App association to download with manager?

wfandrews

I have been downloading mods from Nexus for some years with no problem. A couple of days ago I tried to download a mod using the download with manager button and got this message: "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app, or if one is already installed, create an association in the default Apps Setting page."

I thought it was a OS problem and queried on the Microsoft web site. The reply I received was that in needed to install a Nexus app.

Why would this happen all of a sudden and what is this Nexus app they are referring to?

I got around it by downloading manually and then installing with the download from file option; I would rather take one action instead of two to accomplish the same result though.

I believe I know what happened I have NMM installed under program files in my C: drive. When I try to associate downloads with Nexus I am told that my nxm url association has been removed by some other process and I have to run NMM as an administrator. I believe my UAC has decided to consider NMM as an interference or whatever. I am going to move it and see what happens.

Sort of strange as I have had NMM installed there for around ten years. Still, I keep reminding myself that I do use Windows as an OS.

I will post the results if that worked.

Thank you for your replies.