Volunteer "Working Mod Order" database at NexusMods

gaoptimize

I just went through an exercise trying to add "Interesting NPCs" to my more order. Somehow, MO2 got the idea that my RSChildren patch update was required for compatibility, and Skyrim loader stopped at the spinning spikes. It took a while to figure this out, and I've been through many exercises like this adding up to tens of hours each year.

Not really a mod, but a feature suggestion: When Skyrim successfully loads, a file of the load order (and key versioning of executables (5.97 or 6.X, etc.) is sent of to NexusMods.com somewhere. If it does not successfully load, a file of the various common boot logs reporting errors (like SKSEs) is sent. This feature could be turned on or off and utilized by some future version of MO2 or Vortex, when a menuing system would lead users through various characteristics of a build (Environmental, Cities, Interiors, NPCs, Quests, Interactions, etc) and help them find a compatible working builds in the database. Modders would have access to log files related to their mods.

Guest deleted34304850

that sounds exactly like what LOOT provides.

if they are wrong - you are free, and encouraged to contact the LOOT maintainers, and inform them, and they will create corrections. Have you done that?

Also, don't you think the same thing - data errors - would occur in your idea?