New Sword

mcole254

No offense but I don't believe it. A rookie with less than 20 posts is posting a sword mesh so advanced that a lot of modders couldn't pull off. I'm not saying it's imposable, I'm just saying that I need more proof.

I didn't mean to come across as the bad guy here. Most people when they start posting, have no clue what it takes to mod. I know I didn't have a clue when I first started posting.

Since when do the post count and the date of registering have anything to do with the abilities of a person?

A person can be someone who is actually working as 3D modeller and decide to share something he made for Oblivion when he registers here.

Post count doesn't have anything to do with what a person can do. You have just no idea where that person has been before.

Now for the sword itself, it's a well made model. Too fancy for me, since I don't dig all this uber-fantasy design stuff, but well made nonetheless.

@blade length & vagrant

mind that its a perspective shot which might distort the length alot

@poly count

most modern pcs easily support 6k poly models or more, but depending on how many of these swords you intend to put ingame id lower that... 10 npcs using it obviously need alot more power than just the pc using it... (hevy use: under 2k, single use: up to 6-12k -- depending on how wide the audience shall be)

@cutouts

try to avoid cutouts but model such parts by edged splines (not bezier) which gives you total control over the form and also the poly count

@improvements

-the pommel's mainbodypart has a bit few polies it seems or the shape is not distinctive enough if you want it to be that edgy

-the crossguard is too edgy in comparision to the rest of the blade, smooth it abit (just the visual smooth not the poly one)

it is also the part of the blade youll see all the time in 1st person thus it should be most perfect

-the part of the pommel where it joins the hilt looks like i could impale my hands on it while holding the sword

nevertheless i like the overall design and execution so far...

• 7 months later...

Here it is in Niffty Scope:

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz310/mcole254/Extra/guardclaymore_Nifscope.jpg

and two ingame shots:

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz310/mcole254/Extra/ScreenShot5.jpg

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz310/mcole254/Extra/ScreenShot6.jpg

What do you think

I don't get how its too "futuristical" I got the idea from some concept art from a MMORPG. As far as what its going to be a part of, I did actually have a large mod planned, and it was the reason I made it, but because I have no one to help me with it, it will probalby never be done.

I don't get how its too "futuristical" I got the idea from some concept art from a MMORPG. As far as what its going to be a part of, I did actually have a large mod planned, and it was the reason I made it, but because I have no one to help me with it, it will probalby never be done.

Hey, I can help you with it..if you're still interested in doing your huge mod! I can model too...(not as good as you) but I'm getting to where I can do more advanced stuff then just blade/blunt weapons. And I'm a pretty good scripter and exterior designer with the CS! I've been working on my own big mod but I can still manage working on 2 at a time!