Skyrim GOG AE Edition - mod maker - TES5EDIT cleaner

scathtroy2147

setup_the_elder_scrolls_v_skyrim_anniversary_upgrade_1.6.659.0.8_(64bit)_(59094).exe

Achievements Mods Enabler SE-AE-245-1-2-1663727254.zip Skyrim Special Edition GOG and Epic Games Support - Mod Organizer 2.4.x-6194-1-7-0-1665206954.zip
All in one (Anniversary Edition)-32444-8-1664465359.zip SkyrimUncapperBetaForAE(Latest)-46536-0-1-7-1664661752.zip
Mod Organizer 2-6194-2-4-4-1640622655.exe SrtCrashFix_AE v0.4.1-31146-0-4-1-1664055406.zip
(Part 1) SSE Engine Fixes for 1.6.629 and newer-17230-6-1-1-1664974106.7z Unofficial Skyrim Creation Club Content Patch-18975-7-2-1666561973.zip
Skyrim Priority SE AE-50129-3-3-0-1663510477.zip Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch-266-4-2-8-1663527575.7z
Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE64)-30379-2-2-3-1665515406.7z

All but the engine bug fixes has been installed, most without using MO2.

SSEEdit 4.0.4-164-4-0-4-1636548642.7z

I tried in the data folder and the main skyrim folder. I get missing INI file. I'm learning as go. So, I need help here.

Plus, I can't find the creator's kit on here. Steam requires signup, so not there. I need a safe download location.

All but the engine bug fixes has been installed, most without using MO2.

SSEEdit 4.0.4-164-4-0-4-1636548642.7z

I tried in the data folder and the main skyrim folder. I get missing INI file. I'm learning as go. So, I need help here.

Plus, I can't find the creator's kit on here. Steam requires signup, so not there. I need a safe download location.

Engine bug fixes will need a new .dll for the GOG version

SSEEdit can be installed anywhere, but needs command line switches to tell it where to find the files.

Create a shortcut for SSEEdit, and after the ...SSEEdit.exe" leave a space and add -D:"E:\Games\Skyrim Anniversary Edition\Data" -I:"C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\Skyrim.ini" -P:"C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\plugins.txt"

Of couse you would change E:\Games to where ever you installed the game.

And you replace UserName with your actual user name.

Unfortunately I believe Steam is the only place to get the Creation Kit. It to requires a little modding to work with GOG.

After creating the command lines in the SSEEditexe shortcut would one delete the original SSEEdit.exe so that the game would use the altered SSEEdit.exe shortcut?

Tried it, when I try to enter the parameters I get a message that tells me that a file name cannot contain any of the following characters, : being among them.

After creating the command lines in the SSEEditexe shortcut would one delete the original SSEEdit.exe so that the game would use the altered SSEEdit.exe shortcut?

Don't delete SSEEdit.exe, the game doesn't use the shortcut, you do.

From the beginning:

Go to where ever you put SSEEdit.exe and right click on it > Send To > Desktop (create shortcut)

m2e9Lls.jpg

Right click on the new shortcut > Properties and the target line will end in SSEEdit.exe"

fAbqd8I.jpg

Now copy this -D:"E:\Games\Skyrim Anniversary Edition\Data" -I:"C:\Users\John\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\Skyrim.ini" -P:"C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\plugins.txt"

Then in the target field, put your cursor after the " add a space, and then paste.

Going back to the SSEEdit.exe" should now look like this:

RnAYRED.jpg

Now you just replace John with your username, and replace E:\Games with the drive letter and folder you installed the game in.

Once you have a working shortcut, cut and paste the same command line switches to the SSEEditQuickAutoClean.exe shortcut.

Edited by olnorton

Olnorton, my shortcut window is distinctly different than yours. For instance my Target Location is Skyrim Anniversary Edition, my Start in is D:\Skyrim Anniversary Edition.

Your Start in and Target Location both point to SSEEdit while mine point to where SSEEdit is installed. Where do you have SSEEdit installed? I have SSEEdit installed in my game folder where SkyrimSE.exe is . This is where I have installed xEdit in all my other games.

My Target is "D:\Skyrim Anniversary Edition\SSEEdit.exe"

Olnorton, my shortcut window is distinctly different than yours. For instance my Target Location is Skyrim Anniversary Edition, my Start in is D:\Skyrim Anniversary Edition.

Your Start in and Target Location both point to SSEEdit while mine point to where SSEEdit is installed. Where do you have SSEEdit installed? I have SSEEdit installed in my game folder where SkyrimSE.exe is . This is where I have installed xEdit in all my other games.

Do I need to rename, says so in the read me?

I removed it. I tried the skyrim main(exe location) and data folder both didn't work. I so I removed it. I'll try the main folder creating the shortcut. I'm on different system when I'm on the other I will try it.

I copied all the file into the main folder: (if you install using the gog installer, it goes here).

gog_games\skyrim special edition\

-I:"C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\Skyrim.ini"

I altered this line to direct it to right folder.

The shortcut wouldn't work.So, I just used the command line to start it after cd to the main GOG folder.

still doesn't want to see the 'skyrim.ini' file

Also, the GOG AE edition. Doesn't have a plugins.txt folder.

??

Edited by scathtroy2147

AFAIK, the 'Target' entry should point to the .exe for your SSEEdit .exe, wherever you have it installed. The 'Start In' should be the folder that your SSEEdit .exe is located in.

FYI - my SSEEdit is installed in my steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition folder. Maybe that makes it easier for it to find the Skyrim .exe?

I copied all the file into the main folder: (if you install using the gog installer, it goes here).

gog_games\skyrim special edition\

-I:"C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\Skyrim.ini"

I altered this line to direct it to right folder.

The shortcut wouldn't work.So, I just used the command line to start it after cd to the main GOG folder.

still doesn't want to see the 'skyrim.ini' folder

Also, the GOG AE edition. Doesn't have a plugins.txt folder.

??

Where is your gog_games\skyrim special edition located?

SSE AE GOG does have a plugins.txt, it is in the default location where Windows puts this games and all games as far as I know. it is C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\plugins.txt.

The line you altered is the place where Windows puts that file by default.

For me at least the only difference in where Windows puts the files by default is the location of SSE AE GOG.

I realize that you are using gog_games and I am not but I find it hard to believe that just because there are those two ways to download the game that it would make such a difference in where Windows puts those files.