Kyoma's Journal Mod for Oblivion

DEEMAN021

I've tried and tried to get this mod to work, and I no matter how hard I try I can't seem to get it to function properly. Here is a link: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/15294//?

So, I have installed obse, the most recent version and pluggy as well, and whenever I run the game, the journal mod says that it has been installed correctly, but when I try opening a journal I get this messagebox saying that "The XML files have not been installed correctly, and to check the read me for further instructions." I have gone over the read me a dozen times and done exactly as instructed and I cannot seem to get the XML files to work properly, can someone please assist me. This mod is driving me insane.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Adding the XML files is touchy and Very prone to error.

Look at the directions of Exactly where to place the XML files. Sometimes, when making instructions, mod authors take things for granted, so if there is any question, try messing around with exactly where you place the XML file.

Definitely keep track of where you put it! Write it down!

I know from experience that a bad XML file can make the whole game unplayable!

So, you want to make absolutely sure that you can undo this if it messes anything up!

• 4 months later...

I've been struggling with the same XML file crap for a week now, I've tried everything and have come to the conclusion that the mod is slightly broken. When I say the "Note to self" post I was overjoyed, I haven't tried it yet but right now anything is better than a mostly broken mod.

Sorry to all those hopping for a fix.