Looksmenu body skin issue

Nap1985

For the first time I used the "Skin" selection while in Looksmenu and editing a preset. Where you select Body/Skin and can change the whole body skin, Hipoly seamless for example. I applied one of the textures, and it was hideous compared to the texture I was using, so I removed it. Except it didn't remove for the body, only the face. Now all my presets on that save have that body texture, despite never loading skins on those presets. Anyone have any idea on what I can do to get my original body texture back? Or why it's not removing from the body? Can I manually edit in the preset text files? Thanks!

As far as I can tell "skin" isn't in the preset it's in the player character form and set once.

The problem is you don't have a default "skin" option to select and go back to.

As I have been looking at hipoly seamless recently and was unconvinced of the methods used for the effect.

Those pages were less than transparent, so I have been tepid about installing it.

try looking in "overlays" menu of LooksMenu and see if there is anything there to remove.

(If there is, be careful the interface is tricky). :ermm:

You may be able to do something with Aso Astin's Skin Overrides, trading one issue for another.

But honestly, apart from the nano skins it's worked fairly well for me in the past. :wink:

Appreciate the reply. I noticed it's actually all female npc's in the game as well. I don't understand what happened. I'm probably going to try deactivating all character texture mods, saving, exiting, re-enabling. Not sure what else to do.

So I still haven't figured out WTH is going on. I tried reinstalling and reloading a half dozen different texture mods, and the body texture never changes, just the face. It's loading a darker, lower resolution body skin with pubic hair, and none of the body texture mods I have installed have pubic hair selected. It's very strange. Somehow the game is ignoring my body textures I have installed, even with moving them to the very bottom of the load order in mod organizer.

1. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\F4SE\Plugins\F4EE\Skin <-- Delete "Skin.json", or better yet Delete the "Skin" Folder, so their is no traces of the skin override for lookmenu

2. then Re-install Cbbe Body Texture

3. Then Rebuild Bodyslides

assuming the hipoly you are refeering to is: Hi Poly Faces Redux - Seamless. <-- pretty sure this mod added said folder above, and likewise said json file, afaik looksmenu itself does not add this folder, as such should be safe to delete, as your likely not going to be using the skin override, if you do not have this mod.

Edited by G4M3W1NN3R

• 10 months later...

Hi, is it possible that you use this mod? https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12839 It creates a new folder for body textures (you can see this on the mod description site) and whatever is within this folder will be loaded when the mod is active. I had exactly the same problem and overwriting the textures in the new folder with something I wanted to have solved the problem.