Windows 7

To too long ago i installed 7 insted of Vista. Well its like xp's performance combined with vistas graphic. Start menu changed alot http://www.liliputing.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/windows-7-desktop.jpg (not my comp on a pic.) I didnt get used to it yet but its good if you wanna reinstall windows dont put Vista or XP but put WINDOWS 7

Its has more pro's than con's at the moment. I've got it on all the pc's anyway.

Networking, navigation and security has gone through a huge makeover.

Finally something anyone could work with..

• 2 weeks later...

yeah it dose look the same as vista

but i bet it runs better too

windows vista sp2 is horrible

i`m using it now...........

• 1 month later...

I installed the Win7 release candidate onto a Dell Dimension 4600 with 1GB RAM and an ATI Radeon X850 video card. The PC ran WinXP Pro fairly well but it seems the system likes Win7 even better!

Startup and shutdown are about the same speed but Win7 "actually" recovers quickly and 100% from Sleep mode or Hibernation. Two areas that was always tricky with XP.

I've heard that the install of the OS is very fast on other systems but honestly, the install time seemed about the same on this PC compared to an XP install. Maybe because it is so slow that I cannot tell if one took 40 minutes and the other took 45 minutes. no big deal there. Once you get an image (see DriveImage XML), it is the same difference to restore.

Overall, I am liking Win7 and think Vista is still very forgettable (feels like an alpha product for Win7)

LHammonds