Open Community  ·  40 members

7 Days To Die

Black and White?

Tin43

Hi, i'm new to this forum.

I was looking to maybe something weird.

I LOVE how the game looks when a zombie hits you so much, near to die and your health bar reaches a level where all of the colors fade nearly to a black and white effect..

Does somebody knows is there is a mod to play all the time like that or there is a way to achieve that? Too see the game in that effect for ever?

Hope I was clear... English is not my mother tongue.

Thanks.

Unfortunately, I could not find a particular mod that perpetuates the near-death screen filter. However, I did find an option in the settings that other players have reported creating a black-and-white effect.

In-game, go to Options --> Video --> Tone Mapping and try some screen filters there to see if one is similar to what you are looking for.

Unfortunately, I could not find a particular mod that perpetuates the near-death screen filter. However, I did find an option in the settings that other players have reported creating a black-and-white effect.

In-game, go to Options --> Video --> Tone Mapping and try some screen filters there to see if one is similar to what you are looking for.

Wow!!!

Thanks! I will try that!

Sorry but nor in In game options or in the main menu... I didn't see anything called "Tone Mapping". :sad:

Sorry but nor in In game options or in the main menu... I didn't see anything called "Tone Mapping". :sad:

This is strange . . . I don't have the game to test for myself, but my research tells me Tone Mapping was a setting. I'm sorry that I've disappointed you.

Reference Post 1

Reference Post 2

There is not much information on Tone Mapping I could find online other than these posts.

I do have to note that they were both made in 2015, presumably when Tone Mapping was first introduced as an option. I never thought to check if my research was outdated, unless they had a reason to remove an option from the game's settings. Why they would do that—let alone why the setting is brought up to little—is beyond me.

If they did remove Tone Mapping, then I am sorry that this option is no longer available. However, it may provide us better insight into what tools modders could use to make your request a reality. If, instead, a request is filed to restore Tone Mapping to the game settings, perhaps the black-and-white visual you desire could be achieved easier.

This is strange . . . I don't have the game to test for myself, but my research tells me Tone Mapping was a setting. I'm sorry that I've disappointed you.

Reference Post 1

Reference Post 2

There is not much information on Tone Mapping I could find online other than these posts.

I do have to note that they were both made in 2015, presumably when Tone Mapping was first introduced as an option. I never thought to check if my research was outdated, unless they had a reason to remove an option from the game's settings. Why they would do that—let alone why the setting is brought up to little—is beyond me.

If they did remove Tone Mapping, then I am sorry that this option is no longer available. However, it may provide us better insight into what tools modders could use to make your request a reality. If, instead, a request is filed to restore Tone Mapping to the game settings, perhaps the black-and-white visual you desire could be achieved easier.

Thank you for your answer. I did a little research and from what i have found they remove Tone Mapping for Gamma, and nowadays Gamma for Brightness.

I fear I will not find a way to achieve that.