NMM not installing mods right

smittyDX

I'm also having this only happened to day. I also cannot reach the nexus metadata sever as well.

I don't think my issue is the metadata. I download the mod to NMM, and it I click to install. No errors. Its just not in the game.

Even a manual install doesnt work it seems.

sD3DDevice="ENB"-- are you using an enb? Can you stop and try to use the basic graphics, until you get everything working properly?

Also can you try to run BOSS and see if it recognizes any of your mods?

Finally, I wonder if the problem is related to some glitch when you tried to reinstall-- Did you use the STEP guide to revert to vanilla? If not, would you please try that? (If so, maybe try again?

sD3DDevice="ENB"-- are you using an enb? Can you stop and try to use the basic graphics, until you get everything working properly?

Also can you try to run BOSS and see if it recognizes any of your mods?

Finally, I wonder if the problem is related to some glitch when you tried to reinstall-- Did you use the STEP guide to revert to vanilla? If not, would you please try that? (If so, maybe try again?

BOSS says

Plugin Type: 269 recognized, 12 unrecognized, 95 inactive, 281 all.

Plugin Message Type: 12 warning, 9 error, and 72 all.

And no I did not know about STEP. I would revert to vanilla but I'd like to keep all my mods and stuff.

1. There is a 255 limit to mods. This can be circumscribed a bit if you use Wrye Bash.

2. The 95 inactive mods...I'd bet that at least a few have left orphaned scripts in your savegame.

I'd have to conclude that your game is just broken, and tho you could spend days or weeks trying to fix it, in the end you will have to start over.

My suggestion, start over using the step guide, then make changes 1 at a time, and test carefully before adding the next. Run BOSS after each mod addition and take care of all the messages it gives you in the BOSS log. Try to limit your game to fewer mods and have a plan before you start, because once you add a mod with scripts, the only way to remove it completely is to revert to a save from before you first added it.