I give up, please help me

franco22

Basically for the last 4 weeks I have been trying to mod skyrim, I spent countless hours every day after work and weekends and I always end up having to unninstall the game.

Can someone tell me if has any one put together just a set of consolidated Textures/Graphics improvement pack that I can download ?

I don't mind doing the SKYUI/ Bug Fixes/Gameplay Improvements/Armors and Weapons but I suspect it's messing with 100 different type of textures and area improvements that it's messing every thing up...

Thanks in advance

I don't think any "consolidated" pack exists, because people tend to mix and match depending on preference in looks and performance. Some are willing to sacrifice FPS for looks, and other the opposite. Some want to go the middle ground.

Why not go back to basics of modding and try not to do to many things at the same time immediately? Here's a beginner's guide to modding Skyrim. Gopher will take you through it step by step. And he starts with graphics enhancements anyway, so just follow him.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE7DlYarj-DdhDG41roBVJfNCqvO5MmKP

Also, if you're having to uninstal the game, then you're probably not using a mod manager. With mod managers, all you have to do to get your game back to its original setup is uninstall the mods using the mod manager. There are a few you can choose from, but the two best ones I've come across are (of course) Nexus Mod Manager made by the same people who maintain this site and Mod Organizer made by the people who maintain Step Project. Nexus Mod Manager is probably the way to go for you for now. If that doesn't work well for you, try Mod Organizer. Nexus Mod Manager is designed first and foremost to work well with this website. Mod Organizer is designed first and foremost to give you control over what you're doing (without sacrificing the ability to work well with this site). NMM is a bit more beginner's pace, so if you don't have one at all, get it.

When you find the mod you want make sure you read the description you most have the requirements or you'll most likely get CTD even if it is a small mod or a bit newer version of the game no matter how small the requirement is you must have it, so i suggest you keep your game up to date and i would reccomend to use this almost vital tool for many mods you will need a script extender for skyrim look for "SKSE", xander is right when using nexus mod manager foor example if you are getting CTD just disable mods until you find which one is giving you the CTD