NPC grab and assault player on activate

pepperman35

There are all kinds of mechanisms for what you are attempting.

(Couldn't see the video demo, so I don't know how far you are with this).

Ghost is bad, for the reasons SKK gave, well not just those reasons, it's that you don't know you're a ghost, and what he says happens, happens in the worst ways possible.

Activators become consumables, you can't heal, inflict damage, dialogues are borked, (it's just bogus all around until you realize what is happening).

Aside: (I'd like to know more about which vanilla scripts set ghost, because they don't always turn off so well).

Otherwise, Imods go far.

Thinking from cheesy 1960s FX of explosion under the camera=wipe, to stagger / stun / fade to black / waking from sleep blink... (They're coming right for us, and they're right here, now)! :ohmy:

Would be creepy. :devil:

Also could increase animation speed of getup and go, (at least temporarily, or in part). T'would scare the bejeebeeses :wacko: effectively out of most.

Can slow player speed, or "dilate time" in general.

Or use a combination for the just the right finesse; stun, Image space, slow player, speed up NPC, release, BOOM!

It's a bit beyond my comfort zone, but have seen/dissected similar implementations elsewhere. :blush:

Personally, I don't like automated character controls too much (a la Ubisoft). Would be more interested if the engine or a framework stacked/buffered/governed them better.

So however that could be avoided best gets my fullest support.

Anyway, good Luck, godspeed, and happy holidays, All!

Nice work on the demo video ! Maybe filddle with collision or provide a set of namvmeshed steps to get the dude out ...

> Aside: (I'd like to know more about which vanilla scripts set ghost, because they don't always turn off so well).

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\SOURCE"
findstr.exe /i /s /n /c:".SetGhost" *.psc

Here is a work in progress concept

FO4 Ambush Concept in Action

That looks pretty damn good! Great to see a skilled visual artist bring original assets into the game.

Thanks! Can't take too much credit for the assets though as these are retextured game assets. I merely put them together and animated them with a simple open and close cycle. Come to think of it, the close part of the cycle is likely not applicable to this setup.

There are all kinds of mechanisms for what you are attempting.

(Couldn't see the video demo, so I don't know how far you are with this).

Anyway, good Luck, godspeed, and happy holidays, All!

Happy holidays indeed. If you tried looking at the demo when I first posted it, I had the permissions set wrong. Hopefully, you can see it now..

Aye, that does look pretty right on! :thumbsup:

As for the "grab" effect AFAIK they are all "paired animations", which is extremely lacking in documentation (based on precursory research).

Dog Grabs Player exists, as does the in-game ghoul jump on neck attack.

Come to think of it the latter could be a useful effect.

The former is pretty convincing (if your ghoul was 1 meter tall). :ermm:

@SKK50 that is handy, will Look into it, Thanks! :D

Okay, I made an improvised version of the model to get around the nashmesh issue. The version has an animated lid and a animated front panel. Baddies have NO problem coming after you know.

66717096-1671978561.png

Version 1.1 for the model attached. Also, included a open static version to facilitate baddie placement and navemesshing.